Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key Fob-remote locking

Hi all,

My keyfob which I press to activate the locking etc has 'split' and needs replacing. can this be done throught a normal Toyota dealer or is ther a better source of these. What info will be required to make sure that any new fob provided open my car (is there some frequency setting info ?)

regards

Originally posted by fergus
    Hi all,

My keyfob which I press to activate the locking etc has 'split' and needs replacing. can this be done throught a normal Toyota dealer or is ther a better source of these. What info will be required to make sure that any new fob provided open my car (is there some frequency setting info ?)

regards
    When you say it has split, do you mean that the grub screw holding the two halves together has disappeared?
    This happened to mine and I found that a replacement was un-obtainable from Toyota UK as "we don't have the software to programme the fobs on imported vehicles". This was from a dealer who has been very helpful on all other parts for the truck, so I believe him.
    I drilled through the fob and replaced the grub screw with a tiny BA nut and machine screw from a model shop - works a treat!
    Keith

Comment

thats exactly the problem and hopefully the solution too. i guessed ther would be difficulty getting a fob re-programmed to match an imported surf. Sounds like a weekend job for microscope and tweezers etc

Comment

Working...
      X