Spot Light Fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot Light Fitting

I've just bought a Pair of Spots from Roughtrax, and, not being incredibly Electrical/Mechanically Minded, would like a bit of assistance with regards to fitting them! The 2 wires coming out of the back of the Spots are Red and Black - I take it the Black is the Earth and should be connected to the Chassis, and that the Red is to the Bulb and should be connected to the Relay Switch (How am I doing so far?). The Relay Switch I bought at Halfrauds, and is a complete wiring/connecting Kit but the Instructions are not exactly clear!! From the Relay there are 4 wires (Red, Black, Blue and Yellow). I asszume, again, the Black is the Earth and should be connected to the Chassis, the Red (with Fuse Housing in the middle) connected to the Battery, the Yellow to the Red on the Spotlight, and the Blue to the Main Beam Circuit (am I nearly there?). The only thing is, which is the Main Beam Circuit? I've done a Search on here, but still a bit confused. When I find which one it is I guess I just Scotch Lock the Blue Wire to it - is that right? I don't want to wire it until I'm sure, in case I blow Fuses and Bulbs!! Can anyone help?
    Better to be in Cumulonimbus than Cumulogranite

Check out this thread:

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=9024

for discussions and wiring diagrams.
    Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Also here....
      http://www.exploroz.com/Vehicle/Acce...vingLights.asp

I've just fitted four extra lights, one relay for each pair of lights, switched through the main beam.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Also here....
        http://www.exploroz.com/Vehicle/Acce...vingLights.asp

I've just fitted four extra lights, one relay for each pair of lights, switched through the main beam.
        Thanks for that - the Wiring seems to me to be what I thought. However, Which Connector, on the Back of the Headlight, is the High Beam one? Looking AT the Bulb with the Connectors BEHIND, is it the Left, Upper or Right Hand one? Seems to be a lot of discrepencies on other Threads! Also on the Wiring Diagram it has on the wires RG, RB & RY - is that Red/Green, Red/Blue & Red/Yellow?
        Last edited by 9belo0; 18 October 2005, 14:26.

Comment

The high beam wire is the red one with green bands.
          I connected into mine just under the steering column, at the multi plug 'cos I've wired the lights through a switch so I can isolate them from the main beam.
          Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 18 October 2005, 14:40.

Comment

Next door to the rear window switch there is a switch that reads, "Fog Lights"
            When my car went in for its MOT they failed it on no fog lights.
            But the importers fitted a lovely yellow switch on the dash for the rear one.
            So I asume the switch in the car did the front?
            If so, anyone know where the other end of this switch is?

As for the front spots, I just scotched near the blub and went to the relay.
            Never got to wire in to the spots though
            Now I got to wait for a new A Bar!
            Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Cheers for the all the Advice guys - Think I've got it sussed now , will do it tomorrow. I don't have a Switch next to the Rear Window Switch, but I do have the Round one with the tiny Red LED Light above the Fast Idle, which operates the Rear Dangly Fog Light when the Side Lights are on. As for the Spots, can't be bothered with another Switch, just want them to come on when on High Beam. Hopefully they will be on and working this time tomorrow!!

Comment

Take out one of your Batteries (Best is the Off-Side) Peel back some of the insulation tape off the loom where it runs to your lights. There should be a Red with Green Bands wire, this is the High beam. Use a Scotch lock to connect the blue for the reylay.
                I like Orientals

Comment

Well, wired it all up, switched on and no Spot Lights!! Checked all points around the Relay with Bulb Tester - all light up okay, 'cept the Earth obviously. Scotch Locked the Blue wire to correct Main Beam Wire, (Red & Green - tested beforehand). Not sure whether the Switch is knackered (but would all the Connections light up the Bulb Tester if it was knackered?). Could possibly be the Earth Points on the A Bar are not good enough - hopefully it's that simple! About to check that when it stops Raining!!

Comment

Finally it stopped Raining this morning - went out and checked all Connections, found the Culprit. It was where I had Bayonet Connected some extensions on to the Earth Wires coiming out of the Spots!! All Fine and working as required now!! Cheers, Guys.

Comment

Working...
                    X