yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V8 2nd gen general theories &/or thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 2nd gen general theories &/or thoughts?

Hi, just wondered if there were any theories thoughts or otherwise to look out for on a 2nd gen beasty with a rover V8 whacked in it & sum big asss suspension+wheels
    Limited on detail i know & i should of had a bigger search round this fine site. But anyway i'm off to see one tomorrow any general hints tip thoughts or otherwise? Seems it pops out of 4th when you come off power but comes with a spare gearbox which hasn't had time to fit otherwise seems at first glance to be pretty sweet for a 22 year old motor, any thoughts on what these go for in £ terms in whatever varying condition?
    Ta
    Si
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/scooby_si/Scooby_siSig.jpg[/IMG]

Originally posted by scooby_si
    Hi, just wondered if there were any theories thoughts or otherwise to look out for on a 2nd gen beasty with a rover V8 whacked in it & sum big asss suspension+wheels
    Limited on detail i know & i should of had a bigger search round this fine site. But anyway i'm off to see one tomorrow any general hints tip thoughts or otherwise? Seems it pops out of 4th when you come off power but comes with a spare gearbox which hasn't had time to fit otherwise seems at first glance to be pretty sweet for a 22 year old motor, any thoughts on what these go for in £ terms in whatever varying condition?
    Ta
    Si
    Well to be honest if I could afford it I would buy it.
    I have been looking at this and I reckon I would go for it and find about putting an auto box in it
    But if you fancy it I'll forget it because it was your post that brought it to my attention!
    no Idea what they go for in £ terms probaly what someone thinks its worth because it is pretty much a one off
    cheers
    Bobo

Comment

cheers mate i'll let you know if it sounds as good as i think it probably will i'm guna find it very hard to resist. Only issue i'm having is getting any decent insurance quotes as most places wont touch it as a single cab cause they class it as a works vehicle
      OOOhhhh i luv this temptation thing only hope i can find a better paid job to keep up with it lol
      Si

Comment

Originally posted by scooby_si
        cheers mate i'll let you know if it sounds as good as i think it probably will i'm guna find it very hard to resist. Only issue i'm having is getting any decent insurance quotes as most places wont touch it as a single cab cause they class it as a works vehicle
        OOOhhhh i luv this temptation thing only hope i can find a better paid job to keep up with it lol
        Si
        Adrian Flux insurance seem to be good for modified vehicles .
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
          Adrian Flux insurance seem to be good for modified vehicles .
          They do cover much that others won't... however, I halved my premium from them by going to Greenlight Insurance for a more heavily modified car. Also watch it if you pay Flux in advance and then cancel the policy as you'll get no refund.
          Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

22 year old 2nd Gen Surf? Could be a Mk2 pickup. I think I may have seen it somewhere.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
              22 year old 2nd Gen Surf? Could be a Mk2 pickup. I think I may have seen it somewhere.
              Its a MK1 pickup with a mk4 interier.

I think, its the only one I could find with a busted gearbox.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                Its a MK1 pickup with a mk4 interier.

I think, its the only one I could find with a busted gearbox.
                And to think that I knew **** all about Toyotas when I joined this forum.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

think it's sold me on the idea of a full monthy monster truck thing as it was very funny watching even the other "chelsea tractors" swerving out the way as the beast rolled down the street. Think i'll do a bit more saving & get more mod cons thou.......
                  Do many folks do V8 + monster truck stylee or other converstions to the hilux &/or later models?
                  Ta
                  Si

Comment

Have you looked here?....
                    http://www.supertrux.com/4x4%20Modified%20Photos.htm

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      And who do we know on there....... can you spot the celeb??
                      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

is it jimmy hill?
                        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                          is it jimmy hill?
                          deirdre barlow?
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I can see one guy I recognise, he's standing near two skips, one has a load of tyres on it!

Comment

There is some bloke on there that looks like TonyN but younger.
                              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
                              X