Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sad day has come

hi
    well a sad day has come but due to me starting work we have decided to put the surf up for sale and get something a little more economical,i need some advice as to what to sell her for i will give you some of the details then let you guys decide
    2.4tdi gunmetal grey
    full chrome pack
    full electric windows
    brand new modified head with warrenty
    brand new rear end
    alloy wheels
    9 months mot
    3 months tax
    excellent condition
    fantastic on the outside
    well i was thinking of putting her up for £4500 ono
    bearing in mind that she has just had over £1050 spent on her with the new head... could you let us know if i am asking to much
    regards kerry n iain
    taekwondododo

Originally posted by bub
    hi
    well a sad day has come but due to me starting work we have decided to put the surf up for sale and get something a little more economical,i need some advice as to what to sell her for i will give you some of the details then let you guys decide
    2.4tdi gunmetal grey
    full chrome pack
    full electric windows
    brand new modified head with warrenty
    brand new rear end
    alloy wheels
    9 months mot
    3 months tax
    excellent condition
    fantastic on the outside
    well i was thinking of putting her up for £4500 ono
    bearing in mind that she has just had over £1050 spent on her with the new head... could you let us know if i am asking to much
    regards kerry n iain

I would say thats a lot of money and the fact that you've just spent £1050 on her doesn't matter, you would not have been able to sell it if you hadn't. It hasn't added any value, it just means the buyer is getting what he should expect but I take your point and its a bitter pill.
    Do the usual and have a look through ebay and autotrader, don't have any razor blades around at the time though, they are not making good money at the moment!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Pope
      I would say thats a lot of money and the fact that you've just spent £1050 on her doesn't matter, you would not have been able to sell it if you hadn't. It hasn't added any value, it just means the buyer is getting what he should expect but I take your point and its a bitter pill.
      Do the usual and have a look through ebay and autotrader, don't have any razor blades around at the time though, they are not making good money at the moment!!!

And considering you can get a top spec 3rd Gen from that guy on EBay for 6.5K !! It's a big hit on the wallet, I know I have been there !! Mine went for £3000 and it was showroom condition with a new head.

I bought my 3rd Gen last year for £9000 (that was a fair price last year) and now you can get a nicer,newer one for around 6-7K.

Yes it's s**t but welcome to the motor industry, one big money pit!!!!

Comment

i personally would try doing a part ex at a garage or even advertise for a straight swap for what ever you're looking for. the worst people can say is no and you dont have loads of tyre kicking dreamers eyeing up your property!!
        failing that, i would stick it in the local rag for around £3500. someone local may have seen it driving around and already fancy owning it.
        cheers

Comment

Originally posted by The Pope
          I think his 'Holiness' has put it spot on. I recently traded mine in and got less than I'd spent on it in the last 2 years (less than 3k) with receipts for full engine re-build thrown in. It all depends how badly you want rid of it. Selling it private might give you a bit more than 3k, if you can put up with the idiots and time wasters. I just wanted rid of mine ASAP!

Just looked on Autotrader, and dealers prices start from £2250 for an SSRG!
          Last edited by Pete; 17 October 2005, 22:27.

Comment

thanks guys
            just wanted to say i apprecate what your saying i have advertised in the local rag and see how it goes if no one bothers then i will drop the price as i have said before i dont want to see her go but i need something a bit more economcal to run i would consider part exchange but i dont want to set any debt on especially since xmas is round the corner and a straight swop seems great but its the hassel of looking
            cheers kerry n iain
            taekwondododo

Comment

Working...
            X