replacement for stock suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement for stock suspension

quite a few people seem to mention the rather fidjetyride of the 3rd gen compared to the 2nd gen,i do think the 3rd gen is a bit bumpy and you can feel the bumps more than you would expect.can you buy replacement suspension goods not necessarily a lift kit to improve this ,were 3rd gens always this way even when new.is there any point replaceing shocks and springs with new stock ones or are they just as bad.
    my ride is ok but i do think the 2nd gen was a smoother ride.
    es3000 all round would be better than stock for ride quality?
    hey just got a new 30 td surf all the gadgets 1997 metallic black niceeeeeeeeee

never had a bad ride on mine... the rear shocks were worn and a bit bouncy... but it's 8 yr old... just as expected.

the 3000's should be ok, i got 9000's on the back and my be a bit hard depending on personal preference.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Hi can anyone tell me what standard shocks front and rear will fit my surf LN61 1st gen as I can seem to find them anywhere?

Comment

Here in Australia when I search Google for "LN61 shock absorber" there's lots of choices. Have you Googled this?

Here's a couple of samples -

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rear-Gas...-/132933571097

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-Front-...-/132824381931
        Last edited by NiftyNev; 19 January 2022, 10:33.

Comment

Hi MattyM... greetings from the 1st gen club. I see you're in Ireland; I didn't know there were any LN61 owners out there.

I sourced all my suspension parts from Rough Trax 4x4 and run a 2" suspension lift. Give them a call and they should be able to sort you out. If they say they can't, then ask for Barry and say that Rob at hiluxsurf.co.uk sent you.
          Thanks
          Rob Watson (forum owner and admin)

Comment

Working...
          X