help EMMISIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help EMMISIONS

help the beast just failed on the emmisions again.ive changed the air and oil filters and run fortes diesel treatment through her its drop them a bit but not enough anyone got any ideas PLEASE

Speak to Tony.
    Still Searching,
    Dick Whittington

Comment

Previous thread from Fieldsy......
      the idea of the cleaner really is to add a 1/3 to the filter and then top up with diesel, as you would add a bottle of it to your fuel tank, but hey what the hell, the more the merrier.
      A mechanic told me, when preparing for an mot he usually fills the system with the cleaner runs it for a couple of minutes and then turns off and leaves it over night, this lets the cleaner settle and stay in the fuel lines. It then dislodges most of the **** in the system, and when its started in the morning it gives it a good blow out, in preparation for the emission reading....................it could be bolox, but i've done this many times, had no probs and running sweetly with no smokey

Comment

Originally posted by colinpg
        help the beast just failed on the emmisions again.ive changed the air and oil filters and run fortes diesel treatment through her its drop them a bit but not enough anyone got any ideas PLEASE

egr valve mod helps emmisions

running on veg oil will reduce emmisions, theres no mod needed to run on 20% - i have been for about 6 weeks with no probs... had an MOT earlier this month and breezed the emmisions - it was on veg oil!
        Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Also don't just take the vehicle to the centre, take it out for a good run - preferably high speed, that will warm it up and get the emissions down quite a bit. Diesel emissions are generally awful until the engine is really warm. Mine used to sail through the emissions test (even when it had a dodgy head). Did the EGR mod, ran redex through it regularly.

Comment

cheers guys but can anyone enlighten me on the egr mod ive type it in to the search engine but to no avail many thanks

Comment

found it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

If you can find this, buy it it's marvellous! Just unscrew your fuel filter, empty it and fill it back up with this stuff........

http://www.wynns.uk.com/contextra/do...20Clean-Up.pdf

It does cost £9 though.....

Comment

Originally posted by colinpg

I've read somewhere there is a hose that you disconnect, and it flys through the emmisions. I always change the oil and air filters before an MOT, put a double dose of fuel injector cleaner in, then half hour before it's booked in, thrash it to get the temp right up. While your out on the run give it some hard braking as well, as the brakes work alot better when they are hot. Trouble is, some garages don't do the emissions until they have done everything else. I go to a small garage just outside of Didcot. The guy in there gets it through, and he doesn't even thrash the ti*s off it. I haven't MOT'd my Surf yet, as it's got ages left on the MOT. But my Defender goes straight through, no probs, and that has an engine like a tractor.

Comment

cheers guy s ill give it all a go

Comment

Working...
                    X