Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black smoke reduction and better consumption

Dear all

I was on Ebay earlier to day and stumled across this item 4581668250. Please have a look at it and tell me if you think its a load of B******S. it cost 5.99 and aparently reduces your black smoke considerably and increase you consumption, it explains it as a ball bearing!!! i would love to know what you all think!!

Thanks

Originally posted by southsurfer
    Dear all

I was on Ebay earlier to day and stumled across this item 4581668250. Please have a look at it and tell me if you think its a load of B******S. it cost 5.99 and aparently reduces your black smoke considerably and increase you consumption, it explains it as a ball bearing!!! i would love to know what you all think!!

Thanks
    don't bother put in a search on here for egr mod its quicker and cheaper
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I must agree, folow the EGR mods on this site and it wount cost a penny.
      I did this mod. a month ago having had my surf for 3 years and was amazed buy the results,I'm tempted now to fit some sort of switch so as to have my very own smoke screen.

Comment

click the link on the 2nd post and it will show you whats what
        http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...hlight=egr+mod
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Dear all

Thanks

Thanks fellas i really appreciate that i will try, do we think it increases consumption or is that porkies? I do love my surf, had it four years but i spend about £300 a month on diesel

While you two are on i dont suppose you jknow where i can get some roof rails do you formula 4x4 have stopped doing them and the one that 4x4 accessories and tyres are a bit flimsy looking, was considering just getting some challenger ones and putting them on!!

Comment

If it's a roof rack your after the Thule system is good,2 bars and 4 feet.
            good strong system.I carry a 14ft canoe on mine with no problems.It' approx.£80.

Comment

Dear all

Thanks
              DONT BUY BLL BEARINGS OFF EBAY - Ask Bushwacker!! - as said do a search on egr mod - it'll cost you 5 mins and a cable tie, I've done this mod... dont know about fuel consumption but it does reduce black smoke and there is a slight increase in power.. it won't hurt to try

Joe
              Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky
                If it's a roof rack your after the Thule system is good,2 bars and 4 feet.
                good strong system.I carry a 14ft canoe on mine with no problems.It' approx.£80.

Yeah i have one of those aswell... Halfrauds about £80 - i got the one to fit a hilux (not surf) but it fits fine and i often carry 2 kayaks on it with no trouble.. its also carried enough timber to do 11' X 11' of decking... again no prob!

Joe
                Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

its actually full length rails im looking for chaps so i can add a roof box and fill it full of fishing gear, borrowed my dads challenger and roof box and done the same, worked out well, ive put a thread on the accessories part of the forum so will keep my fingers crossed. Will be doing the EGR mod too.

Thanks for all you help, top fella's

Comment

Working...
                  X