my mum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my mum

Hi guys – I won’t be on the board for a bit so don’t think I’m avoiding you.

The sad fact is my mum is very poorly, as you know we took her away for our holiday and on the last day she went to sit on the bed and slipped and hurt herself. We thought nothing of it really with us all having a smile about it.

It was a bit difficult getting her into the Surf but we did and all travelled home ok on the Friday night.

However, when we went to see her on the Saturday, she hadn’t got out of bed and so we called the doctor. After repeated calls we finally got a paramedic out (who knows Rusty btw) and an ambulance took my mum to hospital.

On the way there she informed them she was allergic to penicillin and when we got to the A+E she was left in a cubicle for 90 mins or so.

Eventually she was taken for an x-ray and an x-ray was also taken of her lungs as they were worried about her SATS. It turned out that she had a small crack in her pelvis and a lung infection. They told us they were more worried about her lungs than the pelvis and that they’d keep her in overnight and give her some antibiotics. (Again told of her allergy).

So, up to the ward she went, all smiling and happy. Said goodnight to me and Angie and we went home. Takes an hour to dive home and I’d only been there 15 mins when I got a call to get back to the hospital urgently as my mum was very poorly!

It turned out that they’d injected her with penicillin and my mum is now in a coma with very little chance of surviving. They’ve taken a happy smiling woman and destroyed her and robbed me of my mum and my kids of their grandmother.

Sorry to go on, but you’ll see now why I won’t be on the board very much for a bit.

Take care guys

Dave

my best wishes to you, your mum and all the family.
    just remember there is always hope!
    kev

Comment

Thats really bad..hope she gets well....
      3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Our thoughts are with you. Hope your Mum pulls through.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

All the best mate.. Thats really bad..

Hope she is OK in the end.. Take care of yourself
          Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Flippin 'eck,, Hope it all works out for you..
            It just does, OK?

Comment

Fingers crossed and thinking about yuz...
              Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

That's bad m8, hope things turn out ok.......
                Nige...............

Anything you can do.......i

Comment

keep strong.

thoughts are with you.
                  2nd time unlucky with an import

Comment

I work with oldies and this happens all too often....
                    You arent going on mate. You are just concerned. If you need someone to bounce off email me. I dearly hope your mum does pull through.

Comment

Originally posted by Draig
                      Hi guys – I won’t be on the board for a bit so don’t think I’m avoiding you.

The sad fact is my mum is very poorly, as you know we took her away for our holiday and on the last day she went to sit on the bed and slipped and hurt herself. We thought nothing of it really with us all having a smile about it.

It was a bit difficult getting her into the Surf but we did and all travelled home ok on the Friday night.

However, when we went to see her on the Saturday, she hadn’t got out of bed and so we called the doctor. After repeated calls we finally got a paramedic out (who knows Rusty btw) and an ambulance took my mum to hospital.

On the way there she informed them she was allergic to penicillin and when we got to the A+E she was left in a cubicle for 90 mins or so.

Eventually she was taken for an x-ray and an x-ray was also taken of her lungs as they were worried about her SATS. It turned out that she had a small crack in her pelvis and a lung infection. They told us they were more worried about her lungs than the pelvis and that they’d keep her in overnight and give her some antibiotics. (Again told of her allergy).

So, up to the ward she went, all smiling and happy. Said goodnight to me and Angie and we went home. Takes an hour to dive home and I’d only been there 15 mins when I got a call to get back to the hospital urgently as my mum was very poorly!

It turned out that they’d injected her with penicillin and my mum is now in a coma with very little chance of surviving. They’ve taken a happy smiling woman and destroyed her and robbed me of my mum and my kids of their grandmother.

Sorry to go on, but you’ll see now why I won’t be on the board very much for a bit.

Take care guys

Sorry to hear about this m8,all the best to your Mum,yourself and the rest of your family.