fuel system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel system

can anyone tell me how easy it is to bleed the fuel system after the fuel filter has been replaced.
    cheers

Not sure about the 2.4's as I've never owned one, but on the 3.0's there's no need to bleed the system once you've replaced the diesel filter, its simply a matter of reconnecting the fuel lines, prime the system by constantly pressing the priming pump (black circular knob) on top of the diesel filter housing till it goes hard, then just turn your key and she should fire up.

Whenever I replace the diesel filter, I top up the whole filter with diesel cleaning additive, prime it and then take it for a good run, this gives the cleaner a good rinse through the lines.............chucks out a lot of smoke, then clears.....and hey presto your running nice and clean again.

Just done mine, and not a bit of smoke in sight, even on kickdown/acceleration.

Hope that helps

Fieldsy.

Comment

sometimes theres a bleed bolt on top of the primer pump to purge air from the system, makesure if there is and you do, then you re-do when your done!

VW Taro (hilux single cab PU) - 31" rubber, H/D springs and shackles, LSD, 4 pot front callipers, 2.4 N/A Flymo engine..

Comment

Originally posted by colinpg
        can anyone tell me how easy it is to bleed the fuel system after the fuel filter has been replaced.
        cheers

you don't need to bleed the 2.4 either - as mentioned above - take the old one off... (i don't know about putting diesel cleanser in - i wouldn't) fill the new one with diesel, put it back on.. prime it with the push down nob, you'll need to pump it about 3 times, turn the key and hey presto!

Note: it may chug for the first 30 secs or so as it works the air out of its system then it'll be fine!

Joe
        Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

cheers guys its nice to know theres a friendly helpful community out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

the idea of the cleaner really is to add a 1/3 to the filter and then top up with diesel, as you would add a bottle of it to your fuel tank, but hey what the hell, the more the merrier.
            A mechanic told me, when preparing for an mot he usually fills the system with the cleaner runs it for a couple of minutes and then turns off and leaves it over night, this lets the cleaner settle and stay in the fuel lines. It then dislodges most of the **** in the system, and when its started in the morning it gives it a good blow out, in preparation for the emission reading....................it could be bolox, but i've done this many times, had no probs and running sweetly with no smokey

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy
              the idea of the cleaner really is to add a 1/3 to the filter and then top up with diesel, as you would add a bottle of it to your fuel tank, but hey what the hell, the more the merrier.
              A mechanic told me, when preparing for an mot he usually fills the system with the cleaner runs it for a couple of minutes and then turns off and leaves it over night, this lets the cleaner settle and stay in the fuel lines. It then dislodges most of the **** in the system, and when its started in the morning it gives it a good blow out, in preparation for the emission reading....................it could be bolox, but i've done this many times, had no probs and running sweetly with no smokey

Hmm.. Doesn't sound like a bad idea... are you sure it doesn't cause any damage or anything.. might try it next time... what type of cleaner do you use? Redex?

Comment

Done it many times m8, and always change all filters at every service. I may be slightly out on my mileages, but I change everything every 10,000kms. (cos for the price of the filter kit from milners, its worth it.)

I've used a diesel cleaner from force (think others have used it on here), but only last week got the Wynns Diesel Power 3.

Instructions on the bottle, say it should be used every 10,000miles, ideal for turbo/non turbo engines, cleans injectors...........and probably everything else for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy
                  Done it many times m8, and always change all filters at every service. I may be slightly out on my mileages, but I change everything every 10,000kms. (cos for the price of the filter kit from milners, its worth it.)

I've used a diesel cleaner from force (think others have used it on here), but only last week got the Wynns Diesel Power 3.

Instructions on the bottle, say it should be used every 10,000miles, ideal for turbo/non turbo engines, cleans injectors...........and probably everything else for that matter.

Sounds good... ~Not heard of it before... will have to have a search on the forume tomoz i thinks

Comment

Working...
                  X