No announcement yet.

Convince me to buy a Hilux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you shouldnt need convincing,once driven forever smitten,theres no ifs or buts it is the best 4x4xfar.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

I personally wouldnt touch one with a barge pole.......................... .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. .

liar liar pants on fire
      if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Hi l am local to you and have several surfs for sale starting at £2500 upward if interested ring me on "07788 595 384" be quick as l am off to Florida for 3weeks on the 17th October.

IF ONLY FOR A TEST DRIVE ONCE DRIVEN FOREVER SMITTIN.
        Live Life To The Full

Comment

Dave,

Shame you gotta let the FTO go, great motor (I still got one as my daily driver still puts a smile on my face every day)

Anyway, having owned both a 2.4 2nd gen and now a 3.0 2nd gen (after the "perhaps-not-inevitable-but-all-too-common" head crack) I can totally recommend you get a 3.0 - they are miles apart in how they drive - if you can, take a test drive in both and see for yourself. I would never recommend the 2.4 now I know better.

Insurance should be fine, most places I have called cover them no prob, should be less than the FTO - I got a dual-policy that covers both vehicles from Liverpool Vic but gonna shop around next time as I reckon I can get cheaper.
          No longer a Surf owner.

Comment

Dave, I had a FTO loverly car. Changed it for a Skyline which I couldn't get to like so went all sensible and bought a Surf. I've only had it a week but I have to say the 3ltr is an impressive little beast. You'll get all your fishing gear in no prob, its sooooo cumffy to drive and any car that weighs over 2 tons and car spin its rear wheels has got to put a grin on your face. I still miss the FTO but if you can only have one car the Surf is a hell of a car to have.

Comment

Originally posted by dave c
              Hello people,
              I'm looking at buying a Hilux. At the moment i've got a Mitsubishi FTO and I love it to bits but practicality of my vehicle's come into play now my dads selling his car i've not got anything to go fishing in So im on the prowl for a new motor and at the moment the Hilux is at the top of the list. So just a few questions guys, whats the cause of the overheating problems that I keep reading about? Which is the most economical model? and whats the insurance like with them being imports? Thanx in advance

Hi Dave,I was in the same boat as you do i get one don't I do I .............. Took one for a a test drive on the weekend and I can not wait to get my hands on one.

Comment

Dave,
                I had the real thing , I went from the Twin Turbo GTO to the 3rd Gen surf due to renovating an old farmhouse etc. I find the parts costs a 10th of the price, more MPG (I get around 28 compared with 10-15 with the GTO). just go for it. I also looked at the Pa***o but quickly worked out that it's just a pretenders truck intended for posing. All show and no go.

Andy

Comment

Concentrate on the swinging watch....you are getting sleepy.....
                  Dude, jump in a big red 3.0 and go for a test drive. You will be hooked. If you are still not convinced, get someone to take you off road in one....the grin just gets bigger

Comment

Buy A Surf

I have had a 2.4 for 9 months now... Would never buy another car. When i bought mine it had the new type of head which will last a lifetime (it'd already blown 1) now it goes like a dream. Fuel is about 23-28MPG beut that depends on how heavy your foot is!

Insurance - I have mine with adrian flux, I have just about the worst licence you can imagine, Was banned for speeding 2 yrs ago and i'm 24 (23 when i took out the policy) the only thing in my favor is 3yrs no claims. I pay 828 per year FULLY COMP - it wouls cost me 1200 to insure my mrs's saxo in my name!

I don't think theres anything wrong with the 2.4, as i said, my heads been done so very reliable - off road its GGGRREEEAAAATT!! other people on here say the 3.0 is better - ity will be power wise but i have read on this forum that the ride quality on the 3rd gen isn't as good as the second gen

ONE BIG POINT TO WATCH FOR THOUGH - BLUE SURFS LOOK BETTER, ARE FASTER AND DON'T GET STUCK AS OFTEN!!!
                    Paranoid? They're out to GET YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                      Convince me to buy a Hilux you say

you go test drive one then see if you buy one and then watch out for the

Yeah. I went with a girlfriend of mine to Newbury to test drive a 3rd Gen for her. She needs it to tow her horse box. After taking it down the A34, doing a ton with plenty left, I was sold. She bought a 2nd gen 3.0lt SSRG in Red a week before I bought my 2nd Gen SSRG in blue. Even though I wasn't looking for one, I had to have one after a test drive. No good talking about it. Get yourself to a dealer and test drive one, all your questions will be answered.

Then you will become a Surf owner, no question!!

Comment

Thanx for the replys guys, gonna have a look at some tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by dave c
                          Thanx for the replys guys, gonna have a look at some tomorrow

So???????????????????????????? ???/

How did you get on with the test drive? Have you bought one yet???

Comment

Working...
                          X