Leaking Surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Surf

Help!! You may have noticed its been raining like hell - well to my horror I also noticed that my Surf has a leak. Drivers floor mat is soaked close to where the door hinges open. Is this a common problem? Any remedies? First problem since ownership - can't grumble too much.

Cheers

Kiwi

check you windsreen seals, and the door rubbers, make sure the top of the door frame is snug at the top of the opening.

Also make sure you have all your grommets in the firewall, as there is lots of holes for wires etc going into the cab.There a some big grommet in the floor plan, see if these are still there.

My pickup drips though from under the scuttle (wiper panel) somewhere into the cab (right thuogh the fuse box! ) in heavy weather, I know mine is rusty but check the drain holes are not plugged.

I'd pull the carpets up to see if its coming thorugh the floor, or down from the windows.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

My pickup drips though from under the scuttle (wiper panel) somewhere into the cab (right thuogh the fuse box! ) in heavy weather, I know mine is rusty but check the drain holes are not plugged.
      Mine too - having taken the scuttle off I found you can't get in here to fix this leak. (at least on the pickup passenger side). Beneath the scuttle is basically a channel fixed to the bulkhead which feeds water out holes in the sides of the inner wings and down to the mudflaps. Sadly there's a sheet of steel just above where you need to get your fingers in with some panel seam sealant. I'm tempted to cut into it as its thin and $$$$. My leak allows a little trickle into the passenger footwell right in the corner. I've sealed up the hole under the dash but only 50% as its a b$t$h to get to. It needs selant in from the top along the seam.

I always thought it was the floor leaking - from deep puddles then I noticed that driving though deep puddles sends the water whipping like a vortex from each front tyre and straight into the scuttle!

This one of those leaks which will prematurely rot the cab and just be a pain in the ass. My surf appears tight in this department but the pick up has been to hell and back and is now taking its place in the hall of fame - it will run forever - it is its destiny.
      Smack it with a 16lb Hammer and it will come off!

Comment

Working...
      X