zooks for idiots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zooks for idiots

i have kind of persuaded the other half to buy me a zook for my birthday (not till March) i was wondering if you think this is a good thing !!!!!

Im a tech geek , and not really mecanically trained at all , but want to learn. i figure if i get me one , i can play and poss learn to weld too and make myself a roll cage.

anyway , is it a good place to start of should i leave it to the wrench monkeys

cheers
    http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

id say much easier than learning on the Surf go for it and join the club!
    Just found out the guy who lives around the corner to me is a massive supplier of parts and has a huge ebay shop too - his jeeps are smart.

If anyone else needs bits and wants to surf train them to save on postage drop me a line.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
      id say much easier than learning on the Surf go for it and join the club!
      Just found out the guy who lives around the corner to me is a massive supplier of parts and has a huge ebay shop too - his jeeps are smart.

If anyone else needs bits and wants to surf train them to save on postage drop me a line.
      That's not SJUK is it?

they wouldn't put a transfer box on a pallet so i could get a lorry to pick it up!... miserable buggaz!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
        That's not SJUK is it?

they wouldn't put a transfer box on a pallet so i could get a lorry to pick it up!... miserable buggaz!
        yeah i think so... they are moving premises at the mo. will meet up with him soon and see what he's about.
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

ok on the subect of starting all this melarky .. I assume most jobs can be undertaken with spanners / sockets a large hammer etc which I have.

But would it be useful to get some sort of welding tool ?
          Ive seen arc ones for around £100 , would these be good enough to weld a roll cage ?

ANd a grinder for cutting away body work ??

I know the list could go on and on into the £1000000's but basic stuff to mess around with ? as im going through Machine Mart magazine putting circles around stuff !!!!

Comment

Bring it up to my gaff and I'll nick any bits I need for mine - I mean I'll assist where I can LOL.
            • Large-ish trolley jack.
            • Axle stands (pref' commercial ones).
            • 4" x 4" timber to make ramps for checking/showing off flex.
            • Angle grinder
            • Metric socket set.
            • BFH.
            • MIG welder pref' 150 Amp+
            • Fire extinguisher.
            • Understanding wife/partner.
            er, that's all I can think of at the moment.
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
              Bring it up to my gaff and I'll nick any bits I need for mine - I mean I'll assist where I can LOL.
              • Large-ish trolley jack.
              • Axle stands (pref' commercial ones).
              • 4" x 4" timber to make ramps for checking/showing off flex.
              • Angle grinder
              • Metric socket set.
              • BFH.
              • MIG welder pref' 150 Amp+
              • Fire extinguisher.
              • Understanding wife/partner.
              er, that's all I can think of at the moment.
              Cheers phil , still a few months off ( unless i see a £250 bargain ! ) but when i do get it , I will treat you to some beers , and you will have to show me how to use a MIG . I think i have most of it except the understanding wife.

When I first mentioned it she said NO .. just outright NO , without even thinking ..... Just about got her around to the idea now. Maybe you can convince her on sunday. Cheers pal.

Comment

Working...
              X