Brake Pads...........again...sorry :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Pads...........again...sorry :(

Ok, just been searching through the threads as I want to change pads and rear shoes.

Ok, options seem to be roughtrax, milners, toyota.

Roughtrax state they have genuine pads ??????, at £27.10

and Milners have them at £12.50.

So firstly has anyone had them from roughtrax?
    Secondly, what do they regard as genuine pads ???
    Thirdly, milners are cheap, but are they any good ???
    Fourthly (Is that a word ??) Toyota are likely to be dearest but are they the dogs nuts ??

I don't mind paying the price of Roughtrax, but are they gonna be any better than the ones from Milners for half the price.

cheers

Fieldsy

Originally posted by Fieldsy
    Ok, just been searching through the threads as I want to change pads and rear shoes.

Fourthly (Is that a word ??) Toyota are likely to be dearest but are they the dogs nuts ??

I don't mind paying the price of Roughtrax, but are they gonna be any better than the ones from Milners for half the price.

cheers

Fieldsy
    hi fieldsy i've had milners pads and disc now for over 12 months and no problems at all with them
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Same hear, although I got mine from an ordinary auto factors/motor spares near me £58 for the discs, and £9.50 for the pads.

Comment

cheers fellas, I'll probably go with Milners, as I get my service bits from them, but was interested to find out if anyone had them from Roughtrax, as they are dearer, just wondered if they were better quality ??

Comment

[QUOTE=Fieldsy]Ok, just been searching through the threads as I want to change pads and rear shoes.

cheers

i bought mine from roughtrax pads and front discs and they have been great i dont no about milners but roughtrax are genuine toyota parts
          I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

thanks kiowa, thats interesting m8, looks like I might be swayed to Roughtrax, had my tyres off them and had no probs whatsoever, but then to be fair, I've never had probs with Milners either.

cheers for the reply,

Fieldsy

Comment

Had my discs and pads from Roughtrax too, no probs at all. The pads are Toyota Genuine Parts but the they are marked as "OptiFit". These are made in UK/EU.
              If you go to a Toyota dealer and ask for pads, you will also get Toyota Genuine Parts pads, but they won't be marked as OptFit and they will say Made in Japan on them

So that's the difference. I'm very happy with them - didn't notice any difference between the Jap ones and the OptiFit ones. I did manage to wear out the Jap ones quicker, but that's cos my rear brakes weren't adjusted and weren't really helping me stop for around 6 months! All the braking was being done at the front.

PS: last time i bought genuine pads from toyota, they were £57 plus VAT!
              Last edited by Rob; 8 October 2005, 16:22.

Comment

I fitted Milners before Langdale in April. Stops on a sixpence.
                It's only a hobby!

Comment

Purchased loads of pads from Milners 18 months ago for work so needed some health and safety details had to go straight to the manufacture for details turned out the pads were asbestos based so sent them back to Milners so be very carefull check they have a leaflet saying asbestos free in the box.
                  ionic SURFactant

Comment

i too had milners pads and fitted shoes today on my 3.0
                    some prefer toyota some dont mind if they do same job
                    Enjoying Life after Cancer
                    Pops

Comment

thanks for the replies, decided I'm gonna go with Roughtrax for the "genuine parts"

cheers

Fieldsy

Comment

wrong topic sorry!

Comment

Working...
                        X