Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mpg

Hi

I am thinking of buying a Surf and most of my questions have already been answered on here, it is going to be used to tow a large trailer and it seems I shoul dbe looking for a 3L model.

What I can not find is the MPG I can expect from one of these ?

Cheers

Brian

18-24mpg
    [COLOR=red]Simon [/COLOR] '91 2.4td ssr-x

Comment

Originally posted by BI1
      Hi

I am thinking of buying a Surf and most of my questions have already been answered on here, it is going to be used to tow a large trailer and it seems I shoul dbe looking for a 3L model.

What I can not find is the MPG I can expect from one of these ?

Cheers

Brian
      Brian - Welcome to the madness!!! It's a great car and a good choice!

These days I'm getting about 25MPG round town and about 27MPG on a long haul. Personally I don't think thats bad for two tons of metal (and it would prob be a bit better if I took it slower...hehehe)

Linda
      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

I average 26mpg regardless of fast, slow, on road or off. Strange actually
        '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

I can definately recommend the 3.0 and I get around 22 MPG around town with 500kg in the back on a daily basis.

About 24 on a long run.

Rich.

Welcome to the forum
          If life's an uphill struggle then downhill from now on can't be that bad?!

Comment

Hi and welcome............Most mpg I have had was 23 ..... worst 20
            3.0 Td but my right foot is quite heavy
            [size=4][font=franklin gothic medium][color=lime]Every Day Above Ground is a Good Day[/color][/font][/size]
            [img]http://www.vertueren.gb.com/welshflag.gif[/img] [color=red]Gods Country[/color]

Comment

Average of 24.26mpg over 5879 miles, best of 28.06, worst of 21.19
              Maurice
              Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

300-320 miles for a tank full (about 45 quid)
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Welcome to the mad, mad world of Surfdom. I do mostly motorway driving and I am getting about 350 miles to a (60L) tankful. Thats getting up to full legal motorway speed, lightly laden and from a 2.4L Auto.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                    Brian - Welcome to the madness!!! It's a great car and a good choice!

These days I'm getting about 25MPG round town and about 27MPG on a long haul. Personally I don't think thats bad for two tons of metal (and it would prob be a bit better if I took it slower...hehehe)

Linda
                    IS your pilots licence still valid then girl
                    still spose saves on rubber
                    Enjoying Life after Cancer
                    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnyboy
                      I average 26mpg regardless of fast, slow, on road or off. Strange actually
                      Not that strange, my mate has a 3.0TD 4Runner, that gets 300 miles to a tankfull, no matter how he drives.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Cheers guys, that is about what I expected.

It will mainly be used for towing a trailer load of rowing boats but I don't think I will be able to resist the odd excursion off the road.

I am assuming this is a good vehicle for long motorway towing journeys ?

Also are there many places around Hampshire you can just go and have a bit of muddy fun ?

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by BI1
                          Cheers guys, that is about what I expected.

It will mainly be used for towing a trailer load of rowing boats but I don't think I will be able to resist the odd excursion off the road.

I am assuming this is a good vehicle for long motorway towing journeys ?

Also are there many places around Hampshire you can just go and have a bit of muddy fun ?

Brian
                          HI BRIAN.
                          i heard there's a place in or near BEAULIEU not had time to find out where yet as i only few miles from there myself.
                          where are you at?
                          surf will tow your boats all day no probs
                          Enjoying Life after Cancer
                          Pops

Comment

Originally posted by BI1

Brian
                            Brian

Slindon is on the third Sunday of the month , next one is 21st December .

http://www.4x4driving.co.uk/

Comment

I am in Portsmouth or Southampton depending on whether I am staying with the girlfriend or not so Beaulieu is not far at all, I just need to find one now. I am going to look at this place www.group20.co.uk later as they seem to be able to source what you want and import. Having read a bit about these now I want to hold out for a good spec 3L Manual - avoiding some of the problems and get that little extra grunt.

If anyone has dealt with these people before it would be good to have your opinions.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X