Instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instructions

You know that when instructions for something start, "Simply blah, blah, blah............." that it is going to be a nightmare and anything but simple.
    It's only a hobby!

I have a Nokia 6230i mobile phone. I installed the software for it. Connected the phone to the usb cable. Windows detected new hardware. Software says no phone connected. Add hardware wizard says device is working correctly. So why isn't the ****ing software seeing the ****ing device if it is connected correctly and I followed their ****ing instructions to the ****ing letter??????????????????
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Have you tried re-installing the software, it sometimes works.

Comment

check COM port the software connects to
        also, check if you have to select something in menu on mobile to enable a connection - we did on a sharp gx10 mobile.
        it was fiddly, and i always forgot the procedure when i came back to hook the phone up, after not doing it for a few weeks...
        Landcruiser Colorado
        Sub. Forester

Comment

Ask Bill Gates. It's all his fault. I connect something to my Mac and it works. My brother has a PC with Windows and it takes forever to get anything to work.

Neville

Comment

Not a solution to the problem, but it may help.........

http://www.celebritypunchout.com/BillGates/

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Not a solution to the problem, but it may help.........

http://www.celebritypunchout.com/BillGates/
              I feel much better for that.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

I have a Nokia 6310i with the bluetooth suite, and it is so much hassle connecting it to the computer that I quite simply don't bother any more. If I remember I had change arround some of the com ports or something.
                My advice if you don't get it working within half an hour walk away or you'll start breaking things.
                Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Now the frigging PC keeps displaying "Found new hardware." I go clickety click - Finish and up pops the box saying "Found new hardware," ad nausium.

**** it! I'm going out to kick the Zook.
                  It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                    Now the frigging PC keeps displaying "Found new hardware." I go clickety click - Finish and up pops the box saying "Found new hardware," ad nausium.

**** it! I'm going out to kick the Zook.
                    If its always finding new hardware , sounds like the drivers for the cradle / phone are not installing properly . if XP make sure your an administrator , com port is working as its detecting a device there . usually with these things you have to install software first , then connect it to your machine so it can detect and install relevant stuff.

have fun
                    http://www.darksidesolutions.co.uk - Web Solutions

Comment

Working...
                    X