eBay Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Question.

If somehting has a buy it now price and no reserve, shouldn't it be yours if you are the highest bidder? Even if it is well short of the buy it now price?
    It's only a hobby!

one would assume that...
    Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Thats how I see it.

Comment

So it should be in items won on my delBay summary, not in items not won? I was the only bidder.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

I guess so, but it might not register straight away.

Comment

So have I got a brand new 4500LB Winch for £20.00?
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

report him as a bad dealer
              Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

The first bid should cancel the buy it now option and then it works like a normal auction
                Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

one would assume so phil but e-bay make up the rules as and when they like it seems and change them as fast to suit too
                  Enjoying Life after Cancer
                  Pops

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
                    If somehting has a buy it now price and no reserve, shouldn't it be yours if you are the highest bidder? Even if it is well short of the buy it now price?

Did the item have a starting price or only the buy it now price?
                    Started with a beast now I have a beauty

Comment

Originally posted by b19aus
                      Did the item have a starting price or only the buy it now price?
                      No. Just the buy it now price. Auction is finished with no winner.
                      It's only a hobby!

Comment

post a link or the item number so that we can have a look.

Comment

i am sure that if you bid on the item then some one else comes along and byes it now that person will get it then it would end
                          if people bid higher than the bye it now the bye it now will dissapear

Comment

We have a very similar site to e-bay here it is called Trade-Me
                            The buy-now price will stay untill reserve is met
                            If there is no reserve then the first bid will remove the buy-now
                            People who start the auction way below reserve give me the 5hits !!
                            I flick all my stuff on there at a real low start with no reserve and see what I get. Some people get excited out of all proportion on Auctions and you can get some good cash for your goods.

I agree with the others let us have a look at the auction and complain anyway
                            Simon.O.
                            '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

i bought some stuff the other week... decided i didn't want it, so i didn't pay...

fella sent me a reminder, so i marked it as paid and left good feedback!... must have confused him cos he left me good feedback too!!!

1 +ve feedback score =£FREE...

Excellent!
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X