Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap 33" Tyres on E-Bay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SHOGUN-OR-PAJE...QQcmdZViewItem

The guy probably doesn't know it but each of those rims is worth over £250 alone! Probably just been stripped of a newly imported P*jero.

Anyone considering a lift should have a look- not sure why they aren't road legal though? Same size (33" x 12.5") as I'm running on the Surf.

Originally posted by laser_jock99

The guy probably doesn't know it but each of those rims is worth over £250 alone! Probably just been stripped of a newly imported P*jero.

Anyone considering a lift should have a look- not sure why they aren't road legal though? Same size (33" x 12.5") as I'm running on the Surf.
    Lets hope he doesnt read these forums then
    well spotted though.
    Tim
    Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

judging by the pic of arch extensions he prolly thinks they stick out over the legal max?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
        judging by the pic of arch extensions he prolly thinks they stick out over the legal max?
        12.5" wide tyres are okay (just!) on the widebody version of the MK2 Surf at least.

Comment

I have just completed a 2" Suspension lift if I wanted to run these or something like them would a 2" body lift allow me to do this and would I need to change anything else to acheive a safe handling Surf
          cheers
          Bobo

Comment

- not sure why they aren't road legal though? Same size (33" x 12.5") as I'm running on the Surf.
            They might not have the correct E marking on the sidewalls - worth asking the question to be sure before bidding.
            Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Some Mickey T's (and probably most Interco Tyres) arn't EU/UK dot approved, only US, a friend recently got some Baja Claws imported for him by a big tyre company, and then they wouldn't sell them to him when they found out.

Bobo, 33's rub with 4" of lift, especially on wide rims.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Bobo, 33's rub with 4" of lift, especially on wide rims.[/QUOTE]

what needs to be done to accomodate these or similar
                I seem to recall you saying something about altering the gearing on large wheels/tyres
                also how much will it effect the handling and the 2.4TD engine
                cheers
                Bobo

Comment

Originally posted by bobo
                  I have just completed a 2" Suspension lift if I wanted to run these or something like them would a 2" body lift allow me to do this and would I need to change anything else to acheive a safe handling Surf
                  cheers
                  Bobo

I did 3" body lift(4crawler kit) to fit 33x12.5x15 on 8" rims. Running fine with no problem.

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/coppermine...4/PICT0009.JPG

Comment

what needs to be done to accomodate these or similar
                    I seem to recall you saying something about altering the gearing on large wheels/tyres
                    also how much will it effect the handling and the 2.4TD engine
                    cheers
                    Bobo
                    Ashley has a 3.0 and isn't happy with the performance on 33's, we gonna regear it soon, but it depends on how you want to drive it. Every 1" of lift has a adverse effect on handling, but 4" is normally OK still, just don't expect it be as good as stock.

As Mithujee said, his 8's don't rub, I've done a 4" with 10" rims and they rub on full lock with any up movement of the suspention. And have seen another someone else fitted that did as well. You probably won't notice it to bad on the road, but any offroading will show it up.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                      Ashley has a 3.0 and isn't happy with the performance on 33's, we gonna regear it soon, but it depends on how you want to drive it. Every 1" of lift has a adverse effect on handling, but 4" is normally OK still, just don't expect it be as good as stock.

As Mithujee said, his 8's don't rub, I've done a 4" with 10" rims and they rub on full lock with any up movement of the suspention. And have seen another someone else fitted that did as well. You probably won't notice it to bad on the road, but any offroading will show it up.
                      I am tempted to go for this what will I need to do and how much approx do you reckon it will cost to do a 2" body lift to accomodate these
                      cheers
                      Bobo

Comment

I am tempted to go for this what will I need to do and how much approx do you reckon it will cost to do a 2" body lift to accomodate these
                        cheers
                        Bobo
                        The guy ended the auction about 4 hours early!
                        oh well dream over thanks for the info everybody
                        cheers
                        Bobo

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                          Bobo, 33's rub with 4" of lift, especially on wide rims.
                          Mine fit okay too (even offroading) after a bit of 'tweaking'. The front mudguards had to go and the front bumper assembly was moved forward an inch. Can't say I've noticed them rubbing while 'froadin. Maybe they do- but I never heard it with all the other stuff going on?

Comment

Working...
                          X