Found a 4th gen in Norfolk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a 4th gen in Norfolk!

Drove past this dealers last year and noticed they had one, so this year we stopped and low and behold! a shiny 2000+ model 4Runner.

So we had a sniff around, unfortunalty, the place wasn't open so we couldn't get prices or a test drive....

Its taller than Linda (most are! )

Nice ass.

4th Gen Vs 2nd Gen

Surpisingly, I could live with it, its not as 'truck' as 2nd gens, or even a 3rd gen, I thought I'd not be impressed but it would make a nice car you could have a little fun in with a set of A/T's on it. If only the tops of the wheel arches where rounded, it'd look a whole lot better.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

'polaris, the way out' the sign says.. are they selling submarines too?
    nice truck, drivers on the wrong side though..
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Same colour 3G next to mine at Abingdon....for comparison
      Attached Files

Comment

Yuk!

Comment

Big Nostrilled lantern Jawed square arched Blob.
          Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
            If only the tops of the wheel arches where rounded, it'd look a whole lot better.
            Maybe you can get the option of Square Wheels and Tyres to match the arches.

Neville

Comment

Originally posted by paulc
              Yuk!
              Yuk, Yuk! Give me the MK2 any day. Looks too 'soft roader' to me.

Comment

Sorry but I liked it. I never thought I'd say that. I don't really like 3rd gens, but this managed to look like a surf but also had a certain something that I'd never noticed in the pic of them.

Unfortunately none of us can buy it The company only imports to sell to the US forces..... and they wont tell me how much...

So unless there is anyone on here posted in the US forces in UK we will never know.....
                Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
                  Same colour 3G next to mine at Abingdon....for comparison
                  Aha - registered from the Sidcup DVLA office I see - who's is it? (Very close reg to mine).
                  Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Drove past this dealers last year and noticed they had one, so this year we stopped and low and behold! a shiny 2000+ model 4Runner.

So we had a sniff around, unfortunalty, the place wasn't open so we couldn't get prices or a test drive....

Its taller than Linda (most are! )

Surpisingly, I could live with it, its not as 'truck' as 2nd gens, or even a 3rd gen, I thought I'd not be impressed but it would make a nice car you could have a little fun in with a set of A/T's on it. If only the tops of the wheel arches where rounded, it'd look a whole lot better.
                    We stopped to take a look too on the way back. I still like them

Oddly, 4th gens have been around since 2002 and I've been waiting for ages to spot one. Firstly we see this one, then I spotted another one on the A1, both on the same day
                    Also spotted 2 3rd gen 4Runners on the same road!

Comment

I still think the 2nd Gen is by far the best looking truck out of the lot. The newer ones are more rounded. Look at TonyN's truck next to it, it's higher, longer, wider and just overall BIGGER. More chrome, fatter tyres and right hand drive!

They might be as aerodynamic as a Sumo Skydiver, but give me the 2nd Gen everytime. I my truck!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Linda

Unfortunately none of us can buy it The company only imports to sell to the US forces..... and they wont tell me how much...

So unless there is anyone on here posted in the US forces in UK we will never know.....
                        Oddly Rob knows someone local to that place in the US forces and Rob owes that guy a few pics of the first gen..... hmmm... is he brave enough to get him to ask
                        www.thegamingunion.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
                          Look at TonyN's truck

:

ahem.... excuse me... whose truck????? :handsonhips:

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

If only the tops of the wheel arches where rounded, it'd look a whole lot better.
                            Angle grinder????

I can't be a hardened surfer because I quite like it...

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
                              ahem.... excuse me... whose truck????? :handsonhips:

Sorry Linda..................... I meant to say YOUR really nice 2nd Gen just blew the 4th Gen away....

Comment

Working...
                              X