Spare wheel carrier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare wheel carrier

I am considering purchasing a gen 3 Surf in dark blue, ssrx or pref G as I like the roof spoiler.
    My question however is regarding the spare wheel, I have found a couple of ssrg's within my price range but all had the spare fastened to the rear door. What is the attraction? aesthetically its bulky and is'nt the vehicle long enough.
    So is there such a thing as an SSRG with the spare underslung? Also is that fake wood as plastic as it looks.
    Thanks for looking.
    Ian

Originally posted by ihs61
    Also is that fake wood as plastic as it looks.
    Yup.............but still looks better than the plastic plastic look.

As far as the spare goes you will find 3rd gens with the underslung spare, quite a few of them about..........horses for courses & you makes your mind up.....................but think on if you decide to go with bigger tyres you may end up with the spare on the roof or in the boot.......if you go underslung.

Comment

Originally posted by ihs61
      I have found a couple of ssrg's within my price range but all had the spare fastened to the rear door. What is the attraction?
      Would you rather roll around in the mud to change a flat or have it easy to access on the rear? I have the underslung spare and this will change soon when the rear bar is replaced with a Kaymar - Rear Bar/Tow Bar/Wheel Carrier combination.

Neville
      Last edited by NiftyNev; 3 October 2005, 00:41.

Comment

Working...
      X