shoppers beware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoppers beware

i no this isent a surf related thing but thought you all should know.i placed an order for a sat nav unit with a company called pixmania on the 18th september and payed £16 pound for next day delievery.so far i havent got the good that i paid for.12 phone calls later i find out this is a french based company claiming to be a uk site and that my order still hasent been sent and i will not recieve it untill at leased the 4th october.i have spoken to another chap who bought a camera from them and said when it arrived the plug isent for the uk it,s a two pin plug the frogs use and the manual for it wasent in english so thats alot of good to a uk resident that dosent speak french.so so far they have my £1200 and i have f@!k all will keep you posted on how it goes.YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED DONT USE PIXMANIA
    I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

oh b&gger!

I just ordered an MP3 player from them the other day - for the missus,
    it wasnt in stock - but is now, and order status now "pending"

will update on status when i know more - worried now!
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Comment

AND IF YOU DONT BELIEVE JUST LOOK HERE WISH I HAD FOUND THIS BEFORE PLACING MY ORDER
      http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xMR-~MRD-44090~S-3

Comment

I bought a sony camcorder from pixmania last year and had no problems at all, delivered really fast.

try www.7dayshop.com

i just bought a little digi camera from them recently and it arrived really fast, they are about the cheapest on the net at the moment.

the two pin plug is the same as a razor plug not french, it fits into one of those adapters like you might use for an electric toothbrush or similar.
        my french boyfriend is staying with me at the moment and he has a camera with a two pin plug and a lap top with a regular french plug, the pins are spaced slightly differently apart.
        Last edited by Toyney; 30 September 2005, 12:19.
        she's no angel

Comment

I bought a digital camera from them earlier this year, apart from slow delivery i had no problem, it came with a plug adapter so it could used in this country and the manual was multi language.

Hope you get your sat nav delivery soon.
          Steve

Born to be wild!!

Comment

And I have bought a digital camera from them and a car radio/mp3 cd player for the surf, both delivered promptly, bot with manuals in english. Charger for the camera had the 2 pin plug and also the UK style adapter for it. I will certainly buy from them again. Its only the bad luck stories which ever get highlighted. I can understand somebody getting irate when things dont go accordingly to plan, but until they pi*s me off theyve got my vote, I think PIXMANIA are just tickety boo.

Bogus
            Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
              And I have bought a digital camera from them and a car radio/mp3 cd player for the surf, both delivered promptly, bot with manuals in english. Charger for the camera had the 2 pin plug and also the UK style adapter for it. I will certainly buy from them again. Its only the bad luck stories which ever get highlighted. I can understand somebody getting irate when things dont go accordingly to plan, but until they pi*s me off theyve got my vote, I think PIXMANIA are just tickety boo.

Bogus
              well over 3000 people cant be wrong and thats just the ones that done a reveiw on them

Comment

Originally posted by kiowa
                i no this isent a surf related thing but thought you all should know.i placed an order for a sat nav unit with a company called pixmania on the 18th september and payed £16 pound for next day delievery.so far i havent got the good that i paid for.12 phone calls later i find out this is a french based company claiming to be a uk site and that my order still hasent been sent and i will not recieve it untill at leased the 4th october.i have spoken to another chap who bought a camera from them and said when it arrived the plug isent for the uk it,s a two pin plug the frogs use and the manual for it wasent in english so thats alot of good to a uk resident that dosent speak french.so so far they have my £1200 and i have f@!k all will keep you posted on how it goes.YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED DONT USE PIXMANIA
                £1200 For a satnav ? Thats a bit pricey unless she's really nice to you
                (\__/)
                (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                  £1200 For a satnav ? Thats a bit pricey unless she's really nice to you
                  it,s the pioneer avic-xr cd,dvd,mp3,radio,satnav,tv,fre eview box thingy

Comment

I must be Mrs Lucky cause I bought my camera from them and was really impressed by all aspects of the service - (being a former "customer service" person makes me a difficult customer and I WILL and DO frequently complain if there is the slightest hint of bad service).
                    On my recommendation, my dad used Pixmania too, he lives in Ireland and he also had no problems!
                    Hope you manage to get it sorted soon!
                    anyone with any hints on dealing with the Woolwich before I call in the ombudsman?

Comment

well it,s the 8th october now and still no sign of my item. or a refund

Comment

mp3 player arrived OK from pixmania , within a few days and working well
                        Landcruiser Colorado
                        Sub. Forester

Comment

Working...
                        X