over to you Tony...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• over to you Tony...

Well, thats it, its been dumped off with TonyN for him to do his thing... I am hoping there will be less of the bonnet up... and more of the miles of early morning sunshine smiles instead this winter.

Feels like ive taken my dog to the vet and now im pacing around in the waiting room for the verdict...

will he live doc...
    she's no angel

vets says' i'm going to have to put it down'
    owners says 'why?is it serious??'
    vet says ' no,its just flippin heavy'
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Neber mind toyney you will be grinning like an idiot shortly when its all fixed and you eventually stop looking at temp guage..................

Comment

good luck mate, i'm in the same boat right as we speak. my axles arrived at the garage & i;m waiting on a phone call to see if it will fit will be the happiest man today if it fits
        hi dudes

Comment

Nice to meet you Toyney, hope you got home ok in the end!!

Your surf is nice and cosy in the garage, with the good DR Anglegrinder paying her lots of attention this afternoon!!

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

yeah, nice to meet you too! Its good to put faces to names. thanks very much for the lift to the station, was much appreciated.

we got back at 12, which wasnt too bad really. especially since we didnt have to pay for the train! the ticket office was closed and there was no ticket person on the train, so got to clapham and was £30 better off! just cost £2.20 to go from clapham to croydon.

ive now hired a car... a super budget small Thrifty hire car to take me and my race bike to manchester next week. ive been spoilt with the surf, I never need to take the wheels out... I recon I might have to go back to my space saving "toyota MR2" techniques again if they give me a ford Ka or something equally as puney. Still, its always fun thrashing the b'jeysus out of a hire car...
            she's no angel

Comment

It'll live, see here.....

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...284#post136284

Its a nice truck, didn't one cut or grazed knuckle taking this one apart!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                Its a nice truck, didn't one cut or grazed knuckle taking this one apart!

Hes doesnt get many nice gentle trucks - most of them bite a little when he starts to take them apart...just to tell him to be gentle... Mind you the most aggresive was Sarah the Sierra who tried to knock him out when he took her head off!
                Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

blimey charlie... thats a proper head replacement job that is.
                  bit scary seeing half the engine laying there flacid and lifeless.

I just told Steve at the garage I bought it from to go to that thread with the pics on, he said he would give you a call to arrange getting it sorted.

what happens next? can you have it finished for 9am monday morning....

just kidding, I am away next week as I said before and Im in no particular rush to get the surf back.

With the ports cracked like that, would that have effected its power or fuel economy? or does it just sup water and not a lot else?
                  she's no angel

Comment

Originally posted by Toyney
                    he said he would give you a call to arrange getting it sorted.

what happens next? can you have it finished for 9am monday morning....
                    Tell Steve to ring Tony's mobile as he's not at home today.

New head has been ordered and due to early next week from Stevo. It should be ready for you to pick up when you are back from your trip.

Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

cant wait now. excited at the prospect of having a car that doesnt need topping up with water every journey. excited at the idea of having a car i should hopefully be able to rely on now this big item is virtually out of the way.
                      Not sure I will ever stop watching that temperature gauge though, it's become an involuntary nervous twitch!
                      she's no angel

Comment

cant wait now. excited at the prospect of having a car that doesnt need topping up with water every journey. excited at the idea of having a car i should hopefully be able to rely on now this big item is virtually out of the way.
                        Not sure I will ever stop watching that temperature gauge though, it's become an involuntary nervous twitch!
                        CAUTION!
                        You do tend to stop looking at the temp after a few months, but then you watch the road a bit more and realise how many close shaves you have while looking down!
                        And believe me, the needle wont move again! (think it has bluetac on the back)
                        Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Well, thats it, its been dumped off with TonyN for him to do his thing... I am hoping there will be less of the bonnet up... and more of the miles of early morning sunshine smiles instead this winter.

Feels like ive taken my dog to the vet and now im pacing around in the waiting room for the verdict...

will he live doc...
                          Your Surf is getting the best possible attention I say this from personal experience
                          Tony recently sorted my very sick Surf as it turned out the head was cracked in 5 places!
                          The good Dr Anglegrinder did his stuff and I am more than chuffed!
                          she now drives sweet as a nut! not a blip toward the dreaded red on the temp gauge
                          so you can look forward to more of the miles of early morning sunshine smiles no worries!
                          Bobo

Comment

Working...
                          X