Stereo code/DIN slot tray things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo code/DIN slot tray things

Thanks to a mate who asked me "whats this tiny little button on the stereo do?" and proceeded to press it in with a pen, my double-din unit that came with my Surf now needs a security code that I don't have

Anyway, if I get a replacement single-din one I want some sort of tray/container thing to fill the other DIN slot (rather than a blanking plate). Prob gonna use it to hold an mp3 player connected to the stereo.

Firstly, do these DIN-tray things have a proper name? (so I can search for one) and secondly, anyone know where I can get a decent one? I have seen and had the generic ones you get in car stereo shops but it was utter ****.
    No longer a Surf owner.

Sorry can't help with the housing thingy 'cos I've got one of the utter **** ones.
    As for your radio code, years ago we, er 'friends of mine used to put them in a polythene bag and put them in the freezer overnight to disable the code chip.

Comment

pretty much most stereo shops can decode the radio for you for about 20 quid. i put a cd tray in when i changed mine to single din its made by audio leads and is ... ok.... just make sure you tell the guy in your local stereo shop its to replace a double din head unit in your surf and he'll flog you the right one for bolting into your dash... halfrauds didnt have a clue , and if you do decide to fit a Uk stereo you will need the wiring adaptor from japanese ISO connectors to Uk ISO connectors. they are on ebay and work a treat! well mine does anyway

TOYOTA HILUX SURF-Radio/stereo fitting Adaptor (ISO) Item number: 4578563462
      heres one i found earlier... blue peter eat your heart out
      Last edited by andrewlee31; 29 September 2005, 02:11.
      TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

or you can buy it straight from the forum shop... easy and supports the site
        TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Originally posted by codlord
          Thanks to a mate who asked me "whats this tiny little button on the stereo do?" and proceeded to press it in with a pen, my double-din unit that came with my Surf now needs a security code that I don't have

Anyway, if I get a replacement single-din one I want some sort of tray/container thing to fill the other DIN slot (rather than a blanking plate). Prob gonna use it to hold an mp3 player connected to the stereo.

Firstly, do these DIN-tray things have a proper name? (so I can search for one) and secondly, anyone know where I can get a decent one? I have seen and had the generic ones you get in car stereo shops but it was utter ****.
          i just got one from sextons and found it very good and only £15 it,s a pocket that holds about 4-5 cd,s
          I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

had the same sort of thing in the wifes celica.then one day while i had the battery disconnected for a while and then re-connected it when finished whatever i was doing the stereo blasted out so it might be worth disconnecting the power for a while to see if that will work
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
            X