greenlaning???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenlaning???

right i got my new toy and its far too clean... never been off road driving before so need somewhere gentle to start off and scare the life out of the other half. <she scares easy> i live in sunny stoke on trent and no idea wheres good to go and play.. any ideas would be greatly recieved!
    TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Go and buy a 1:50000 or 1:25000 OS Map of your area. You can legally drive on anyroad marked as a byway (BOAT) or Road Used as Public Path (RUPP).

Check with your local Rights of Way officer in the council who can tell you if any of the lanes are closed (TRO).

Unless you know your vehicle and the lane very well, go with someone else as a pair of vehicles. Then you can't make a fool out of yourself when you get stuck!

Never drive on a footpath or bridleway.
    Never drive too fast or irresponsibly.
    Always stop, pull over, and allow others to pass, such as ramblers, horse riders etc.
    Alway leave gates in the position you find them, open or closed.

More info here - http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=9155

Go enjoy your vehicle, laning and offroading is a great laugh. Even the other half may get to enjoy it! (Especially when you get stuck up to your axles in mud, and you've asked her to push! )
    I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

the best bit about getting her to push is when you suddenly shoot forward and she falls flat on her face in the mud
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Or putting it in 2wd and flooring it!
        I NEED TO OFFROAD!

Comment

can't be too nasty she's got black belts in kick boxing and kung fu.... scary for 4ft 9!!!!
          Last edited by andrewlee31; 28 September 2005, 09:46.
          TeaM BOFA4x4 Mac 2008

www.bofa4x4.com

Comment

Working...
          X