Moving House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
    Nah, that can be sorted by chucking about £850 at it.
    solicitors or surfs?

i used to be a solicitor... didn't make much money, think i stood under the wrong red light!
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

never had a key not turn up on the day... but have had to wait till close of business before... if that's a friday then it's usually late as the solicitors "do lunch" and play golf!

not usually a problem unless you want to move in on that day!!... what ever happens DO NOT let buyer into your place until everything's exchanged and money is received.
      you could end up on the street!
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
        never had a key not turn up on the day... but have had to wait till close of business before... if that's a friday then it's usually late as the solicitors "do lunch" and play golf!

not usually a problem unless you want to move in on that day!!... what ever happens DO NOT let buyer into your place until everything's exchanged and money is received.
        you could end up on the street!
        forgive me if I am wrong but, I allways understood, keys were released on completion (monies received) not exchange of contracts. time between exchange and completion can vary I have heard of up to 10 days - think you need to talk to your brief - in a chain all parties should complete on the same day or you could end up as the slug man says - no roof over your head
        dont want to depress - hope it all sorts it self out soon for you - the old addage says 'cover your Ar5e!!'
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

Originally posted by fatfires
          forgive me if I am wrong but, I allways understood, keys were released on completion (monies received) not exchange of contracts. time between exchange and completion can vary I have heard of up to 10 days - think you need to talk to your brief - in a chain all parties should complete on the same day or you could end up as the slug man says - no roof over your head
          dont want to depress - hope it all sorts it self out soon for you - the old addage says 'cover your Ar5e!!'
          We had the KEY early so that we could get the place in a tidy state. We had an agreement with the Owner as she had offered to let us have a key early so we could sort a few things before moving in.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

so have you moved in now then Mark?
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
              so have you moved in now then Mark?
              Officially move in on Thursday, We could have moved last Sturday as planned but the place was in a bit of a mess. £142,000 3 Bed Semi in a nice location
              BARGAIN really but needs Decorating right through, Also needs a new Bathroom Suite & Kitchen which is next on the List.
              (\__/)
              (")_(")

Comment

at least you got a date so you can move.that is certainly a good pricefor a 3 bed.the cheapest 3 bed down here is at least 150000 and you dont get much for that
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                  Officially move in on Thursday, We could have moved last Sturday as planned but the place was in a bit of a mess. £142,000 3 Bed Semi in a nice location
                  BARGAIN really but needs Decorating right through, Also needs a new Bathroom Suite & Kitchen which is next on the List.
                  glad to hear things are sorted, tiz a bugger when people let you down
                  So be looking for a plumber and chippie soon then?
                  Erm............ believe there were some on here?
                  Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                  Tony

Comment

Ive got lots of mates in different TRADES so im ok if i cant do it myself.
                    (\__/)
                    (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                    X