X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Comp 9000

Um
    dumb question follows :-
    I have the 2" lift kit from roughtrax and am doing the rears first got the n/s spring in got the n/s original shocks off about to fit the Procomp 9000's and am confused by the 2 bushes and 2 domed washers where should they go
    cheers
    Bobo

It normally goes, shock-washer (dished up)-rubber-washer (dished down, small raised bit round center hole to locate in chassis)-chassis bracket-rubber-washer (dished down)-nut.

Confused?

As long as you get a washer top and bottem to cover the rubbers it'll probably be OK.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      It normally goes, shock-washer (dished up)-rubber-washer (dished down, small raised bit round center hole to locate in chassis)-chassis bracket-rubber-washer (dished down)-nut.

Confused?

As long as you get a washer top and bottem to cover the rubbers it'll probably be OK.
      dished up does that mean the washer in position looks like soup dish the right way up or is it the reverse
      cheers
      Bobo

Comment

Originally posted by bobo
        dished up does that mean the washer in position looks like soup dish the right way up or is it the reverse
        cheers
        Bobo
        Like a soup dish - you're looking for the washers to cup and support the bushes
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
          Like a soup dish - you're looking for the washers to cup and support the bushes
          Thank You for clarifying that for me I got the n/s rear finished after midnight!
          just going to start the o/s rear
          cheers Bobo

Comment

Here we go again! dunno must be me or something read up on doing the front shocks peice of cake I think
            so took the n/s one off easy peasy
            will the new one go back in of course not!
            help and advice please
            could it be the torsion bars ? how can I tell ?
            cheers Bobo

Comment

Whats playing up? Top or bottem? you never said in that rant.......

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                Whats playing up? Top or bottem? you never said in that rant.......

yeah pardon the rant!
                basicly the new shock is too long i.e when I tried to put it in position the bottom eye is over 1" below the lower bracket can It be compressed if so how
                cheers
                Bobo

Comment

Working...
                X