heart in mouth moment...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heart in mouth moment...

Running an errand for mum, I pulled onto my local BMW dealership forecourt, parked up outside the main doors...and steam started to pour from under the bonnet, and the engine proceeded to dump its entire coolant system contents onto the nice clean forecourt

Obviously, inital thoughts of cracked heads passed through, being slightly "..you're kidding me..." because it's had a new head.

Thankfully, upon closer inspection in a nearby Asda carpark, it turns out it's an inch-long coolant pipe that has cracked. 3 1/2 litres of Asdas finest 9p/litre still water, and a halfords Pipe-tape kit later, and it was back on the road.

Any thoughts on where I can get new pipes from?

thanks

-keith
    The right to bear arms...only slightly more ridicu

Keith.

Which pipe is it, might be one you can get from Milners.

Comment

if its the large but strangely short one on the bottom hose to the rad, i got a spare one...
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

don't use sparkling water... it will incease the CO2 emmissions... probly.
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

:d

Comment

It's this hose (currently hidden by hose-repair tape)
            Attached Files
            The right to bear arms...only slightly more ridicu

Comment

nah, i aint got one of them. get to roughtrax with ye
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiko
                It's this hose (currently hidden by hose-repair tape)

To be honest mate, save yourself some time and go to Toyota. You'll get a good quality genuine part, that you know will fit. It can't be that expensive surely?? If you order from Toyota, it will be in stock in 2 days.

Comment

If it's just a short length of hot water hose, any car spares or autofactors should have it behind the counter and cut it to the required length for you, providing you know the diameter of course.

Comment

just changed all three hoses, got them from roughtrax, about £4,£8 and £12 each, seem prety good quality, still leaks from top hose/rad join though! time for some silicone me thinks.
                    Diesel, like petrol only better

Comment

Working...
                    X