yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The end of a midlife crisis or the start of a new one !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of a midlife crisis or the start of a new one !

Hi new member etc
    Excuse the long ramble but,
    I've just had my first drive in a Black 3ltr ssx ltd and I was so surprised that its way faster than the Shogun I also tested which was so slow and handled like a boat ,
    at present I drive an import WRX Impreza Estate no comments please I've heard them all ,but I can't get all my diving kit in the Subaru without dropping the rear seats every time which has started to really get on my nerves (which is also a reason to get a Surf ?),the wife hates it ,so a Surf it is then , the Surf was perfect and fun to drive but I need help from the forum members with a few things :

1.To firm up the shocks a bit, more for road bias than offroad ,or can they be adjusted

2.Servicing intervals ,mpg etc(which has to be cheaper than a scoobie!)

3.How easy is it to remove the side Surf transfers (these are worn and look tacky)is it a pro job or home garage and a lost weekend

4.I've gone past the speed stage but will a 3ltr cruise at 80 -85mph (private road of course) and just how bad are they in the traffic light GP,as long as they can beat a Shogun 2.8 I'm happy

thanks and any help with the above could see me in a Surf quickly
    ps any body fancy swapping a Surf for a std Scoobie Est ?

welcome along, that man. you will find all those question have been answered ready for your visit. hit the search button just up there a bit and the wisdom of the years will be yours.
    abridged to read, yes its better than a shogun
    yes you should get one
    and no, we dont want a scoobie thank you very much!
    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

most of the answers are yes.......... or 42 if you are a deep thinker
      Like the shedmeister says try the search button for instant gratification.....
      and yes it cruises along sweetly at 80-85 on private roads
      Last edited by DaveD; 26 September 2005, 07:46.

Comment

WRX Impreza Estate??
        Well I'm not Imrezzed!
        Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

1.To firm up the shocks a bit, more for road bias than offroad ,or can they be adjusted
          You may get the hard or soft setting option on the suspension, if not fitting procomp ES3000 or 9000 will firm it up

Oil and filter change is every 3000miles. If you look at around 25mpg then thats about average. Do the traffic light GP on a regular basis and hit the motorway at 85+mph and drive around town like your still in the scoobie and you'll see that drop to low 20's or less. Drive it for what it is, a 4x4 that weighs in a nearly 2 ton.

3.How easy is it to remove the side Surf transfers (these are worn and look tacky)is it a pro job or home garage and a lost weekend

Pretty easy see here http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...emoving+decals and use the search button for more.

4.I've gone past the speed stage but will a 3ltr cruise at 80 -85mph (private road of course) and just how bad are they in the traffic light GP,as long as they can beat a Shogun 2.8 I'm happy

They will cruise at 85mph and dont fair to bad in the TLGP, you'll be surprised.
          Last edited by Koi; 26 September 2005, 07:59.
          Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
          My choice
          Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
            You may get the hard or soft setting option on the suspension, if not fitting procomp ES3000 or 9000 will firm it up

Oil and filter change is every 3000miles. If you look at around 25mpg then thats about average. Do the traffic light GP on a regular basis and hit the motorway at 85+mph and drive around town like your still in the scoobie and you'll see that drop to low 20's or less. Drive it for what it is, a 4x4 that weighs in a nearly 2 ton.

Pretty easy see here http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...emoving+decals and use the search button for more.

They will cruise at 85mph and dont fair to bad in the TLGP, you'll be surprised.
            thankyou for the info ,it might sound like I'm a middle aged racer but you kinda get used to something car wise ,handling etc ,after driving a surf I like the load area size and as for the drop down rear door, perfect (try picking a dive BCD and weights up to shoulder height ) I've started looking around for a Surf and there is an awful lot of overpriced tat out there and a few questionable dealers that should know better than to flannel a South london Boy ! I might live in Dorset but that don't make me a carrot cruncher ! and the best bit so far is the wife hates the idea of a large 4x4 so thats convincing enough in its own right, about the best I've seen so far is from Southern Motors but I couldn't see an area on the forum to rate Dealers .

Comment

Click the little arrow on the drop-down box below and have a browse of the Dealer Experience section. A search in said section may turn up the dealer you are contemplating.
              BTW. Welcome to the forum.
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Dibbler
                ! I might live in Dorset but that don't make me a carrot cruncher ! and the best bit so far is the wife hates the idea of a large 4x4 so thats convincing enough in its own right, about the best I've seen so far is from Southern Motors but I couldn't see an area on the forum to rate Dealers .
                Dibbler, hmm, where have I seen that name before?

Could He be another Pratchett fan?

Just sorry I can't give you any advice on getting a Surf other than, once you get one, you just want more!
                Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Originally posted by Dibbler
                  thankyou for the info ,it might sound like I'm a middle aged racer but you kinda get used to something car wise ,handling etc ,after driving a surf I like the load area size and as for the drop down rear door, perfect (try picking a dive BCD and weights up to shoulder height ) I've started looking around for a Surf and there is an awful lot of overpriced tat out there and a few questionable dealers that should know better than to flannel a South london Boy ! I might live in Dorset but that don't make me a carrot cruncher ! and the best bit so far is the wife hates the idea of a large 4x4 so thats convincing enough in its own right, about the best I've seen so far is from Southern Motors but I couldn't see an area on the forum to rate Dealers .

Hi ya , good to see another Dorset member.

If it's southern motors on Cranleigh road , I always thought that his prices were a little on the high side. And everytime I've been in there they aren't very helpfull
                  Drop me a line and I can probably give you a few pointers in the right direction.
                  You have to be good down here at the traffic light GP with all the Chavs about in Novas !
                  andrew.rodgers2@ntlworld.com

Andy.
                  Last edited by bobafatass; 26 September 2005, 21:01.

Comment

Working...
                  X