No announcement yet.

tony & linda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a couple of website hosted with Instaspace. They seem very reliable. They're also cheap, $2/month for 35MB ($3 for 75MB) of space and unlimited bandwidth. Never had any problems, but I've not go a high useage website.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
      Worst thing is I cant log onto customer care site, their phone number has mysteriously become a fax and I'm still waiting for a reply to my email.... dont sound good.

Anyone recommend a good hosting company?
      try freeola
      www.puppywalker.co.uk

Comment

im hosted with www.123-reg.co.uk and you can buy a bandwidth topup if you run out.
        They are owned or run by Pipex.
        Tim
        Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
          im hosted with www.123-reg.co.uk and you can buy a bandwidth topup if you run out.
          They are owned or run by Pipex.
          The webname is registered with them, but at the time they were having some reliability problems so we didnt host with them. We're with Valuhost and they have been very good for the last 2 years, with only about a days downtime. Now I cant contact them at all Grrrr..
          They're UK5 server went down last week and this seems to have reset something meaning I can't connect to republish the website, nor does it appear to be running.
          If they dont get back to me soon then I will move it elsewhere!
          Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Oh poo,
            If your server has gone underground (for TAX reasons no doubt!)
            Does that mean your E_Mither don't work?
            Cos I just sent Tony the pics he wanted to laugh at.
            Sorry, meant look at
            Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Originally posted by Djandco
              Oh poo,
              Sorry, meant look at
              If you mean email - that still works for some bizzare reason. Only had a mail in Russian from them tonight, so have issued the ultimatum... get my website working or my business goes elsewhere tomorrow!!!
              Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

If you mean email - that still works for some bizzare reason. Only had a mail in Russian from them tonight, so have issued the ultimatum... get my website working or my business goes elsewhere tomorrow!!!
                E-Mail (abbreviation for electronic mail), transmission of electronic messages between computers via a network. Millions of e-mails are exchanged every day—virtually every business relies on it and many people see it as their preferred method of communication.

The first e-mail message was sent in 1971 by an engineer named Ray Tomlinson, one of the pioneers of the Internet

E - Mither (abbreviation for all the other electronic mail you end up with), transmission of electronic advertisements attempting to entice you into buying junk and giving away important banking details. Also a method of transferring Virus programs to unsuspecting people.
                The first E-Mither was sent roughly 15 minutes after Ray Tomlinson invented E-Mail

This is why my in folder is either empty with a spam filter on, and 65 per day with it turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by Djandco
                  Oh poo,
                  Sorry, meant look at
                  hehe, got the pics of the M..........i will have a think and let you know.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                    hehe, got the pics of the M..........i will have a think and let you know.

Quick question,
                    How do you lift the body off the cheslounge?
                    Every time I put the jack underneath it put another hole in the ruddy thing!
                    Thank anybody I have lost of squirty foam to fill it up again!

Comment

Mail translated for you,

The little freen light is still on, so it should be working, got a plumber coming tomorrow to have a look, please keep sending us all your money.
                      Have a nice day.
                      PS
                      Highways Agency information: 08457 50 40 30
                      We Apologise for any delay caused by work carried out in your area

That is why you can't get any info from the help line!

Comment

Finally got a reply in English!! The host server suffered hard drive failure and they are recovering all the site slowly... what no back up server asks I......
                        Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

You sure you wanna stick with them if they have no backup and awful support...?
                          Tim
                          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Finally got a reply in English!! The host server suffered hard drive failure and they are recovering all the site slowly... what no back up server asks I......
                            just tried your site and its under construction !
                            animation of workman and I guess russian lingo!
                            lets hope its not too long
                            Bobo

Comment

Originally posted by dirtydog
                              You sure you wanna stick with them if they have no backup and awful support...?
                              nope - not at all..... but will take 7 days to swap over so they might as well rebuild it in the meantime. Its also been up without a prob for 2 years...
                              Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X