yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

buying a surf to tow a caravan around europe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

robnw67
    buy a trailer instead PROBLEM SOLVED!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Trailer?

Marky

I have already got a trailer - massive great thing with truck tyres on it. Sadly I can't keep it at my place - no room to store it. I keep it at my fathers but he's 120miles away.

Besides, I want something rough and tough that I can leave in the Irish sea for 8 hours!!

Comment

Simon,
        I bought a '94/m 3.0ltr surf this Feb and so far have had no probs at all with it. Its an auto with all the trimmings. Been off-road loads in it including some interesting fording!

In Sept we bought a Swift conqueror 580 (24ft tip to tow) which weighs about 1600kg fully loaded. The surf pulled it no probs and even returned 17mpg on the motorway. As for the temp gauge it didn't even move from its normal driving point.

Recommend the auto too for everything from off-road to towing! Plus if you get caught in a muddy field the 4x4 comes in handy. This car will pull the Isle of White! Only thing I would say is that there is excellent advice on this here forum and I would / have followed it.

So far I have changed:

trans oil - £10 + slick50 £15 (optional)
        rear diff oil- £4
        engine oil - £10
        oil filter - £5
        air filter - £5
        fuel filter - £10
        Grease for nipples - £4
        Grease gun - £10

Total £63 - for a full service. Greasing the nipples (ooooh!!!) is simple and takes 10 mins.

I must confess to a full service back in August but never again as it costs £150 and didn't inlcude the trans oil or diff oil. These cars are so simple to maintain I'd save ya cash and diy until you find something you can't do, but oil changes are dead simple and with this forum to hand you can't go wrong!!

Enjoy!!
        Mart

......surf's up pal!

Comment

Originally posted by bensonsnuts
          A 2.4 only has about 90bhp
          90???
          a Nova has 90!!
          hmmmm... they must be sloww!!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...