Is this SSRG expensive or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this SSRG expensive or what?

I have just been looking at auto trader and found this beautiful looking SSRG, are they taking the pee with the price? From my limited knowledge this is worth £8500 tops. Please advise me if I am completely wrong.

Cheers
    Windsurfer.

Thought of the day:
    If I won the lottery I'd still buy a Surf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check it out:
    1996 TOYOTA SURF SSRG 3.0 turbo diesel
    Automatic, 52,000 miles, Blue mica with grey cloth. Black Privacy Glass, Bull Bar, Clock, Electric Retractable Door Mirrors, Factory Electric Tilt Slide Sunroof, Front Fog Lights, Heated Rear Screen, High Level Rear Brake Light, In Car Entertainment, Overdrive, Power-Assisted Steering, Rear Roof Spoiler, Rear Wash Wipe, Reclining Seats, Side Steps, Twin Airbag, Wind Difflectors, ABS, Adjustable seats, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Central locking, Adjustable Steering Column, Electric Adjustable Suspension. Why not visit www.goulders.co.uk. fora list of many more pristine examples. £9,995.

I'd say at least 2K overpriced
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

as there's no "book" price, they go for whatever they'd fetch... when i bought mine they ranged from 8.5-15k and that was 2 years ago!

good point is, they hold their value, although recently as there have been more and more imported the price has gone down a bit.
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

I might be selling my intercooler in the next few weeks, was going to put it around £7995.

Comment

i live near that garage and they are well over the top on price and the cars remain unsold for months and months believe me and they are no better than any other cars i bought 96p ssrg with intercooler 52k with extras two months ago from dealer £7900 with this fuel crisis bet i wouldnt get more than £6500 for it now although it is a fantastic truck values will go down next year when they dont need sva for mark threes the flood gates will open and values will drop on early models

Comment

bought mine 2 years ago for £8900 and i also got them to fit a cat 2 immmobiliser at the last minute - free (i'd been on to the insurance co just before i was about to go and sign for it!). Mine was in pretty good condition but had 132,000km on it. Not a problem, just higher than usual.
            At the time tho, there was this gorgeous black '97 SSR-X Limited, 3.0TD with tinted windows - this was up for well over £14,000.

I think a lot if it really depends on the condition overall, but yeah, that's around £2k to much. Especially for a '96 as they're obviously the oldest 3rd gens.
            Last edited by Rob; 21 September 2005, 21:19.

Comment

No SVA tests?

Originally posted by nottyhorror
              i live near that garage and they are well over the top on price and the cars remain unsold for months and months believe me and they are no better than any other cars i bought 96p ssrg with intercooler 52k with extras two months ago from dealer £7900 with this fuel crisis bet i wouldnt get more than £6500 for it now although it is a fantastic truck values will go down next year when they dont need sva for mark threes the flood gates will open and values will drop on early models

I was not aware that the SVA tests were going to be stopped. I have £8/9000 to play with for a Surf. Do you think its better to wait until next year then?
              Cheers for the advice!
              Simon

Comment

They won't need an SVA after 10 years so come 1997 the early ones won't need one.

Comment

Selling it?

Originally posted by andy
                  I might be selling my intercooler in the next few weeks, was going to put it around £7995.

Hey Andy,
                  If you decide to sell it can you give me the the lo-down of mileage, extras etc. By the way, are side steps easy to fit?
                  Cheers
                  Windsurfer

Comment

Originally posted by windsurfer
                    Hey Andy,
                    If you decide to sell it can you give me the the lo-down of mileage, extras etc. By the way, are side steps easy to fit?
                    Cheers
                    Windsurfer

Hi mate,

The place I bought mine from has a 1996 SSRX for sale at £7,250. You could get that down to £7,000 at least. Here it is.

Tel: 01442 831 811 - Mobile: 07780 953 222 - E-Mail: sales@fourtrackcars.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"1996" Toyota Surf SSRX (New Shape) 3.0 Turbo Diesel Auto

N-reg, Finished in Metallic Blue

Priced at £ 7,250

Car Ref: 148

Air Conditioning
                    CD / Radio
                    ABS Brakes
                    Front Air Bags
                    New Tyres
                    Tinted Windows
                    Bull Bar
                    In Super Condition

Back to Index
                    Attached Files

Comment

Cheers Dude

Cheers Dude,
                      Will look into it, I appreciate the help.
                      Windsurfer

Comment

You can pick one of these up for about £5500 at my local importers if you are willing to take the risk of no warrenty and to SVA it yourself which adds another couple of hundred.

I got mine there and if the warrenty issue really worries you you can buy a warrenty ( a bit like insurance) for about £300.

there is a good range to choose from and to be honest you could probabaly get it a bit cheeper now given the demand has fallen off as fuel prices increase

Comment

Sounds Good

Originally posted by fergus
                          You can pick one of these up for about £5500 at my local importers if you are willing to take the risk of no warrenty and to SVA it yourself which adds another couple of hundred.

I got mine there and if the warrenty issue really worries you you can buy a warrenty ( a bit like insurance) for about £300.

there is a good range to choose from and to be honest you could probabaly get it a bit cheeper now given the demand has fallen off as fuel prices increase
                          Cheers Fergus,
                          Sounds good. Can you give me any more details (a website, telephone number etc?). What car did you get? I'm really after a 3rd gen intercooled ssrg. I'm kind of fussy, I know. Is it easy to organise the SVA test? Thanks again for the help
                          Simon (windsurfer)

Comment

Japaneese car Auctions in manchester, dont have the number to hand but if you google you will find it,

they will add you to their weekly mailing list which details what stock they have.

Comment

Originally posted by windsurfer
                              Cheers Dude,
                              Will look into it, I appreciate the help.
                              Windsurfer

You can also get some from this dealer. Most seem to be of the intercooler variety. There are some really nice trucks on here.

http://www.algysautos.com/Pajero_LWB.html

Comment

Working...
                              X