water marked windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water marked windows

hi the only thing that spoils my surf are the windows,they have etched in water marks,possibly acid rain in japan.tried allsorts to clean them
    any ideas,even thought of buying a windscreen scratch polishing kit,
    any hints or anybody else with the same or similar prob would be helpful
    cheers
    hey just got a new 30 td surf all the gadgets 1997 metallic black niceeeeeeeeee

Mines the same lots of small dots like stone chips all over the screen? almost like its just started to drizzle rain?? i think on mine that the marks are indents in the glass so i guess the windscreen is just s****? its a bugger to see through at night sometimes!

the rest of the paint work seems fine though and i know it hasnt been resprayed?

Any advise would be great.

Comment

Check if a film or a tint is on them as this maybe the cause.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
      (")_(")

Comment

If you can find it, or you may still have some in yer garages/sheds, is the original T-cut in the red bottles. with a bit of elbow grease you can polish out some minor swirl marks and scratches, works for me!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          If you can find it, or you may still have some in yer garages/sheds, is the original T-cut in the red bottles. with a bit of elbow grease you can polish out some minor swirl marks and scratches, works for me!
          i have alresdy used some g3 compound and a electric buffer with no effect,i know tcut has ammoniain it uhmm im dont think it would do it
          thanks all the same
          hey just got a new 30 td surf all the gadgets 1997 metallic black niceeeeeeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by HYPERMONKEY
            i have alresdy used some g3 compound and a electric buffer with no effect,i know tcut has ammoniain it uhmm im dont think it would do it
            thanks all the same
            try using a stanly blade or a proper bodyshop glass s****per then tcut or similar,it worked on mine fine
            john
            Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by HYPERMONKEY
              hi the only thing that spoils my surf are the windows,they have etched in water marks,possibly acid rain in japan.tried allsorts to clean them
              any ideas,even thought of buying a windscreen scratch polishing kit,
              any hints or anybody else with the same or similar prob would be helpful
              cheers
              vinegar
              I HAVE FOUND JESUS he was behind the sofa

Comment

Originally posted by john.sally
                try using a stanly blade or a proper bodyshop glass s****per then tcut or similar,it worked on mine fine
                john
                hehehe!!... that swear filter's just great!
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Brasso

I use brasso on the bike lid visor to get rid of small scratches...dunno if it would even make an impact on glass tho'
                  ------------------------------------
                  Look out! Ee

Comment

Jewelers Rouge (Cerium Oxide) and elbow grease brings window glass back to a nice shine.
                    Last edited by laser_jock99; 18 September 2005, 23:06.

Comment

Toothpaste, slightly smoother than jewellers paste...

Comment

I do use rubbing compound, then wax. same for paint finish.

Comment

Holts Screenies or mixra, as it used to be called. It's like a foam you spray on, leave for 30 seconds and buff off. Worked a treat on mine.

Could be sun baked tree sap.
                          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
                            Jewelers Rouge (Cerium Oxide) and elbow grease brings window glass back to a nice shine.
                            Do they wear MAKEUP
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                            (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                            X