Skid Plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skid Plate

My new stainless skid plate is done and fitted. Its made out of 3mm instead of 6mm alloy so is alot stronger and about 3 x heavier ! Thanks to a guy called Pat who has a 1990 2.4TD who let me borrow his to get the pattern for my KZN130....enjoy......
    Attached Files
    3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Errrrr, how much? where from....? Have they got anymore...? Will they make some more? did it come with all the brackets, allen bolts... etc...?

Looks nice.... might be just the incentive I need to un-plumb all my aircon... and get the additional gearbox cooler down there...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala
      Errrrr, how much? where from....? Have they got anymore...? Will they make some more? did it come with all the brackets, allen bolts... etc...?

Looks nice.... might be just the incentive I need to un-plumb all my aircon... and get the additional gearbox cooler down there...
      Cost is around £150 but i cant be sure as i had other work done as well. It was made by a local frendly fabrication company i know from my bike racing days. The pattern is stored in the laser cutting machine and the brackets are just copied. I bought the allen bolts from another supplier as the M10 bolts that go into the chassis are M10 fine and these are rare. So i used original bolts for the brackets and stainless M10 and M8 to mount the plate. Also theres enough room to re fit the air con rad since the pattern came off a 2.4 with air con.

I would get some more made up but the last time i asked no one wanted to pay real money as they could buy a cheaper version with less detail, and the holes could have stainless mesh welded behind them for off roading. So i would want a few orders to take mine off again and get it all copied.

The only thing i had to do is open up the 4 holes for the M10 bolts beacuse of the fit. This will be modded on any other plates.

There you go...............

Comment

Nice plate but a little on the dear side. It is STAINLESS STEEL i suppose.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by marky
          Nice plate but a little on the dear side. It is STAINLESS STEEL i suppose.
          LOL....hey bizzarly enough, the stainless cost LESS than if it were made out of 6mm ally like the original!!! And its stronger!

Marky, what did you do with those 16" wheels that used to be fitted to your Surf?

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Book
            LOL....hey bizzarly enough, the stainless cost LESS than if it were made out of 6mm ally like the original!!! And its stronger!

Marky, what did you do with those 16" wheels that used to be fitted to your Surf?
            HILUX bob has put them on his LANDCRUISER
            Attached Files
            Last edited by marky; 17 September 2005, 11:46.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
            (")_(")

Comment

Working...
            X