Genuine Parts Stainless Steel Exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genuine Parts Stainless Steel Exhaust

I have read with interest the posts about stainless steel exhaust systems. For any members that are after a stainless steel exhaust system for their Surf, but don't want to go to the bother of finding a company and getting it made, or are worried about the quality, or if it will fit, I have the answer.

The following information is for the KZN-130 3.0lt Turbo Diesel.

I have negotiated a 30% discount for forum members with a TOYOTA MAIN DEALER for the supply of a GENUINE parts Toyota full stainless steel system (apart from the exit down pipe).

Here are the prices:

Y17410-5B171 N/STK EXHAUST FRONT PIPE
    Y17420-54090 N/STK CENTRE PIPE-STAINLESS STEEL
    Y17430-5B611 N/STK TAIL PIPE (BIG BOX)-STAINLESS STEEL
    Y17440-54010 N/STK TAIL PIPE-STAINLESS STEEL

The price including VAT for this system is £522.38

The price including VAT for this system with the 30% dicount for forum members is £365.67. Add to this price approximately £30 for new nuts/bolts and gaskets and courier delivery.

Remember this is a genuine parts Toyota Hilux Surf Stainless Steel system direct from a main dealer. If you are interested then please contact me, and I will pass on the details. The more people interested the better. I am not on commision for this, as you will be dealing with the main dealer, direct.

All prices correct at time of posting.
    Last edited by M35A2; 16 September 2005, 17:05.

That wouldnt be the oxford main dealer would it??

Comment

Originally posted by M35A2
      I have read with interest the posts about stainless steel exhaust systems. For any members that are after a stainless steel exhaust system for their Surf, but don't want to go to the bother of finding a company and getting it made, or are worried about the quality, or if it will fit, I have the answer.

I have negotiated a 30% discount for forum members with a TOYOTA MAIN DEALER for the supply of a GENUINE parts Toyota full stainless steel system (apart from the exit down pipe).

Here are the prices:

The price including VAT for this system with the 30% dicount for forum members is £365.67. Add to this price approximately £30 for new nuts/bolts and gaskets and courier delivery.

Remember this is a genuine parts Toyota Hilux Surf Stainless Steel system direct from a main dealer. If you are interested then please contact me, and I will pass on the details. The more people interested the better. I am not on commision for this, as you will be dealing with the main dealer, direct.

Sounds like a reasonble deal compared to most mild steel systems.

My main gripe with the stock exhaust set-up is that the overhang makes it unsuitable for anything less than mild 'froadin'.

This photo, I think, illustrates the Surfs' inherent exhaust overhang weakness- which is why I had a customised exhaust made:
      Attached Files

Comment

I think I will leave that sort of off roading to your good self.

Yeah, I thought it was a good price considering it's a genuine parts system. The bloke I know who works there is very Surf friendly. There could be discount elsewhere with Surf parts, if enough people want to get stuff from there. I've just bought a genuine parts oil and air filter, and ordered an aircon belt and the two gererator belts along with the tensioning bolt. Pick the belts and bolt up Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99
          Sounds like a reasonble deal compared to most mild steel systems.

My main gripe with the stock exhaust set-up is that the overhang makes it unsuitable for anything less than mild 'froadin'.

This photo, I think, illustrates the Surfs' inherent exhaust overhang weakness- which is why I had a customised exhaust made:
          I agree, definitely need one that goes out behind the wheel. Trying to talk a friend of mine into welding me a new rear pipe right now. Plus got a small hole in the exhaust that's on at the moment. That's not a big deal is it? Would it affect performance. Trying to understand how bigger exhaust= more power
          where's this bit go then?

Comment

Originally posted by osker
            I agree, definitely need one that goes out behind the wheel. Trying to talk a friend of mine into welding me a new rear pipe right now. Plus got a small hole in the exhaust that's on at the moment. That's not a big deal is it? Would it affect performance. Trying to understand how bigger exhaust= more power

No, it won't make any difference having a small hole in it. I owned a Lightweight years ago and the exhaust fell off, the whole thing apart from the down pipe. I drove it for a week like it. Jesus, talk about noise. A small hole in yours wont matter. If you want the price for the Toyota Stainless Steel big back box let me know, I'll give you the details.

Comment

No, it won't make any difference having a small hole in it. I owned a Lightweight years ago and the exhaust fell off, the whole thing apart from the down pipe. I drove it for a week like it. Jesus, talk about noise. A small hole in yours wont matter. If you want the price for the Toyota Stainless Steel big back box let me know, I'll give you the details.
              Cheers. Might be a good thing to change if I get the rear pipe done (I know all the technical terms ) (Er, what's a lightweight?)

All the best with your new stuff!!

Comment

Originally posted by osker
                Cheers. Might be a good thing to change if I get the rear pipe done (I know all the technical terms ) (Er, what's a lightweight?)

All the best with your new stuff!!

These are Lightweights. It's an airportable Land Rover, it's a Military Vehicle.
                Attached Files

Comment

These are Lightweights. It's an airportable Land Rover, it's a Military Vehicle.
                  Nice. LWSWBLRFFR?

Comment

stainless exhaust

how about for a 1993 LN130 2.4?
                    Is your arrangement still in place?
                    appreciate the details if so.
                    regards
                    chris - 'canda3000@hotmail.com'

Here are the prices:

Comment

Working...
                    X