Newbie questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie questions

Hi all, new here thinking of buying my first Surf. Having a detailed butchers through the forumn, ebay, importers etc.
    Couple of little questions, does any one know about the ball bearing fix to stop the truck smoking on foot down? and does the spare wheel have to live on the rear tail gate? I see cars with the wheel under the rear floor and they look a lot neater to me. It always puzzles me as to why a big 4X4 has the wheel on the back door.
    The only reservation I have at the mo is the mpg. Anybody just tip 5L of fresh veg oil in every now and again? Go to Morrisons once a fortnight, buy 5L of bestbuy veg oil, tip it in the Surf outside then fill up with derv at the garage. Any thoughts on that one??

Steve

Originally posted by coozer
    ...... Having a detailed butchers through the forumn, ....
    A detailed butchers..... excellent...... then you'll have no problem finding out about veg-oil, its well covered.
    For the ball bearing and smoke question, try a search for EGR
    Oh and the spare wheel issues been covered plenty too
    Last edited by Morr; 17 September 2005, 14:54. Reason: Fixing quote
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

do it they are great cars go for a 3.0L if you can not to say 2.4's are ****........

veg oil i put 20L in at a time and netto is cheaper at the mo 33p per Litre. just drop it in the tank bob your uncle, the ball bearing aint needed just dicsconnect the pipe from the egr valve and fold it over and cable tie it just as good.
      good luck
      if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Which netto are you using ours is 43p and only let you buy 6 litres.

Comment

Working...
        X