LED Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chillitt
    Some people like to get their trucks covered in ****, I like to make mine look filthy.

Same difference to me!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Yep!
      Some people like to get their trucks covered in ****, I like to make mine look smart.

I with you on that one mate. I love mine nice and clean and shiney. If it rains, I don't go out in it unless I have too. There is no way my truck is going near any muddy field. I'm sure it is quite capable off road, but I've got 2 Land Rovers for that sort of thing, if I need too. I used to own a Lightweight (a Land Rover-Airportable). I took it off road all the time. After it spent 15yrs in the Army it was released. I had it about 6yrs. In the time I had it, it needed welding up at the rear spring hangars, new footwells welded in and worst off all, the wiring loom welded it's self into one mass of molten wire. This was the main wiring loom. The muddy water had left grit behind and it acted like sandpaper on the wiring, until one day it shorted out. I was really lucky. The batterys are inside the Landy, so I just pulled the cover off and wrenched one of the battery terminals off. It nearly caught on fire. In a Lightweight there are two petrol tanks. One under the drivers seat and one under the passengers seat. No one was interested in re-wiring it as it was 24v. I had to do it myself. Ever since then I keep away from the muddy stuff.

Comment

A Bright Idea....

Vince, have you fitted the LEDs m8? Any pics? Was wondering what they looked like.

Was also wondering how bright they were? Reason why I is askin is cos I lives in the country and it's getting to the time of year where I does most of my driving in the dark. The problem with this is that anything bright inside the car can be a real pain - even my mobile in it's hands free holder causes me a problem!!

That said, I really like the look of the LEDs. This leads me to wonder whether you can fit a dimmer switch?!?!?

Anyone tried regardless of using LEDs? Also, can you use a dimmer with LEDs - or are they a little like neon lights that are either on or off?
        Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

I got the leds this morning and I've had a go at soldering them into the clocks,
          but to be honest, they give out a focused beam of light rather than an 'all around glow' and although bright enough, the dial illumination is a bit 'patchy' so I'm using them as accent lights in the footwells and gearstick illumination.
          Also they are chuffing BRIGHT!
          You can use dimmers on leds it's a kind off variable resistor.
          I'm gonna order some direct replacement blue bulbs for the clocks.
          While my dash is in pieces, I'm respraying it black with silver accents to bring it up to date a bit 'cos I never liked the grey.
          Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 17 September 2005, 23:21.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            I got the leds this morning and I've had a go at soldering them into the clocks,
            but to be honest, they give out a focused beam of light rather than an 'all around glow' and although bright enough, the dial illumination is a bit 'patchy' so I'm using them as accent lights in the footwells and gearstick illumination.
            Also they are chuffing BRIGHT!
            You can use dimmers on leds it's a kind off variable resistor.
            I'm gonna order some direct replacement blue bulbs for the clocks.
            While my dash is in pieces, I'm respraying it black with silver accents to bring it up to date a bit 'cos I never liked the grey.
            Cheers for the update m8.
            Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Working...
            X