Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Spoiler

Hi everyone,

I'm looking into getting a rear spoiler for my Surf, and have seen one which has the high level brake light fitted. My Surf hasn't got and never has had a rear spoiler, so I wanted to know if anyone has fitted them before?

1. Would the high level brake light wiring already be there, or would I have to run a spur from the rear brake lights?

2. Does fitting require a vast amount of technical knowledge, or could any muppet (like me) do it?

If anyone has fitted a rear spoiler, I would be grateful for any information, pictures, instructions, etc.

Thanks

Just Vegging Out

This was done a couple of days ago.

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/sho...t=rear+spoiler

Comment

roughtrax do one with a brake light, its a hundred pounds fits with self tapping screws and the wiring is already there under the trimin the roof.
      i've not fitted one,i am a muppet and i'm thinking about fitting one ...
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

I've seen one on 4x4 accessories which is £89.00. Maybe save you a few bob buying that one?

Thanks for the replies, should have done a search first. Would have found what I was looking for without bothering you nice people.

Just Vegging Out

Comment

its no bother, really
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

hey chillitt

Originally posted by Chillitt
            roughtrax do one with a brake light, its a hundred pounds fits with self tapping screws and the wiring is already there under the trimin the roof.
            i've not fitted one,i am a muppet and i'm thinking about fitting one ...
            gues who is a bigger muppet, got a roughtrax one, sprayed up nice and BLUE! to match, fitted it, not a bad fit, used some seam sealer under just to boost the self tappers (belt & Braces) and wired it down to the (I think) tow hitch brake wire now my trailer brake lights dont work - I obviously got it wrong -you say cables are there, can you give me any clues to wire properly and restore the trailer lights?
            Tony
            Did I mention I have a BLUE one
            Tony

Comment

no but bushwacker can!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you remove the plastic trim which holds the load area light, you will find a connector with orange and white wires, (If I remember) this is the connector for the high level brake light.
              As for removing the rest of the trim.................
              http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/rear_trim.htm

Comment

Originally posted by dleach2103
                Hi everyone,

I'm looking into getting a rear spoiler for my Surf, and have seen one which has the high level brake light fitted. My Surf hasn't got and never has had a rear spoiler, so I wanted to know if anyone has fitted them before?

1. Would the high level brake light wiring already be there, or would I have to run a spur from the rear brake lights?

2. Does fitting require a vast amount of technical knowledge, or could any muppet (like me) do it?

If anyone has fitted a rear spoiler, I would be grateful for any information, pictures, instructions, etc.

Thanks

I spoke to the parts manager at Toyota in Oxford. I asked him if he was able to get the rear spoiler and brake light. I have one on mine, but was thinking about the LED light, if it went. He said that if it is genuine parts with part number he can order it. He said it would take a little time to come in as it would come from Japan. He also said some parts come ready painted. This may come ready painted, in which case you would need the paint code also.

Just an Idea, if you want to buy a brand new genuine parts spoiler. Don't know what the price would be though.

Comment

no but bushwacker can!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you remove the plastic trim which holds the load area light, you will find a connector with orange and white wires, (If I remember) this is the connector for the high level brake light.
                  As for removing the rest of the trim.................
                  http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/rear_trim.htm
                  Tony
                  Tony

Comment

creosoting the fence?
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

shed & fenceless

creosoting the fence?
                      aint got no fence
                      aint got no shed
                      aint got........................... .............................. ............you know the rest!

But
                      I have got a blue one
                      Tony

Comment

Zip 'em up then, 'cos it's obviously cold!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          Zip 'em up then, 'cos it's obviously cold!

Tony

Comment

Working...
                          X