3.0l into 2.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0l into 2.4

does anybody know if the 3.0l engine will fit into the 2nd gen 2.4 and what needs to be changed.secondly does any one have an engine and whats a good price for one.if any one has done the swap were there any problems encountered.
    www.overfab.uk

A search of the forums should turn up a bunch of times that this has been asked before. However, basically, yup, can be done. However you need to change the engine management systems and a bunch of ancillary stuff too. Not for the faint hearted.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by vatchman
      does anybody know if the 3.0l engine will fit into the 2nd gen 2.4 and what needs to be changed.secondly does any one have an engine and whats a good price for one.if any one has done the swap were there any problems encountered.

Heres a taster, the write-up's not finished yet tho'

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/enginetrans.htm

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
        Heres a taster, the write-up's not finished yet tho'

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/enginetrans.htm
        Been like that for over a year!! I think he's given up!
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I did wonder, after seeing that picture of him messing with all thoses wires!

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie
            A search of the forums should turn up a bunch of times that this has been asked before. However, basically, yup, can be done. However you need to change the engine management systems and a bunch of ancillary stuff too. Not for the faint hearted.
            sorry guys i keep forgetting about the search facility.i"ll just get me coat.
            www.overfab.uk

Comment

so its not quite as straight forward as i first thought.
              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
              X