Its Grown Up At Long Last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its Grown Up At Long Last

After a long wait the PRO-COMP shocks arrived yesterday, BUT, OHH HORROR they are not the ES3000 that I had ordered but the ES9000!! So after a few phone conversations they offered to get me the ES3000 sometime today, But I had to get this job done as the front shock bushes where totally shot!

So I have bit the bullett to ensure I got the job done today as this was the last chance I had before I go away next weekend! and to be honest i did not trust the suspension as it was, so I have fitted the ES9000

I still have the torsion bars to crank up but they dont want to budge at the moment, but that may be because I had one wheel still on the ground as my trolley jack sprung a leak! So I shall have another go at that tomorrow.

Does any one know if it is possible that they changed the torsion bars when they lowered it as it had Rancho shocks fitted which where a bit shorter in length than the ES9000, and if it is how would I tell that they are different??

Any way a couple of piccies are attached. The piccie of 31/7 is before the lift.

Paul

P.S. Any one want a set of lowered springs going VERY cheap! notice the difference.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dunno; 9 September 2005, 21:49.
    DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

good days work fella crank up them torsion bars and come play with the big trucks now
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

No wonder you got a lowered Surf. You are not very tall are you?

It's only a hobby!

Comment

Nice job my man...now that you have reached the minimum height perhaps they will let you off the Island to play with the grown ups..
        If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Mine was the same dude....the torsion bars just needed tweeking to gwt the height right...
          3.0 TD SSR-X LTD 1994 Black, sold and passed MOT

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
            Nice job my man...now that you have reached the minimum height perhaps they will let you off the Island to play with the grown ups..
            OHH THANKYOU SOOO MUCH KIND SIR!!

YOU ARE TOO KIND

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
              No wonder you got a lowered Surf. You are not very tall are you?

http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/forums/att...&stc=1&thumb=1
              I CANT WAIT TO GROW UP MYSELF NOW, THEN I CAN REACH THE PEDALS!
              Plus the good thing is I dont need the trolley jack any more as i can just walk under it!!

Comment

you'll just have to be careful getting out of now with that extra drop to the floor
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
                  I still have the torsion bars to crank up but they dont want to budge at the moment, but that may be because I had one wheel still on the ground as my trolley jack sprung a leak!
                  DON'T try and crank up the torsion bar without raising the wheel on the side you are adjusting or you could do some damage. The suspension arms need to be hanging free so raise the car by jacking under chassis frame if possible or from under the front diff. Put a block of wood between diff and jack though.

Comment

Paul

I understood the E9000 were better suited to coil springs . I was going to fit E3000 to mine as leaf springs all round . I got this info from Explorer UK , who are the main distribtor for ProComp in the UK .

I would leave the E9000 on there unless they say otherwise .

From Explorer UK site :

ProComp ES3000
                    Twin tube design incorporating an expanded fluid reservoir and gas cell, to prevent fluid foaming and reduce shock fade. Ten stage velocity sensitive valving adjusts to ensure optimum performance under all driving conditions. Recommended where ride comfort is the most important factor, particularly suited to vehicles with leaf springs. Available in a wide range of sizes, to suit both standard and lifted suspension.

ProComp ES9000
                    Ultra-duty nitrogen gas charged, employing the same velocity sensitive valving as the ES3000 series. Provides high performance ride and handling, especially useful where towing and load carrying is involved, and proven in off-road competition worldwide. The product of choice for larger 4x4's with coil springs, especially our custom made range for Land Rover models, and widely used in comp-safari competitions. The largest range of sizes that we offer, from 13½" up to 36" fully extended!
                    Last edited by Vagrant No2; 10 September 2005, 19:13.
                    Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

I got the es9000's on my truck, they are great, wouldn't worry too much about not getting the 3000's.

Andy.

Comment

Originally posted by bobafatass
                        I got the es9000's on my truck, they are great, wouldn't worry too much about not getting the 3000's.

Andy.
                        So Far I am very happy with them, There is a road I have to go down that is in such a bad state of repair that I had begun to dread driving the truck down it with the suspension as it was! But it is a real dream now with the ES9000.

When I cranked up the torsion bars I always had one wheel off the ground. but I tied again today with BOTH wheels off the ground but I cant shift the bolts anymore so its back to the drawing board on that one!!

Paul

Comment

I have ES3000 shocks fitted with HD80 landcruiser springs. The ride is nice and firm now, but not too firm that you break your teeth!
                          I read the write-up on the ES9000 shocks and decided they were for more suited for frequent off road use, so I went for the softer option.

Comment

Working...
                          X