What Coolant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Coolant?

I put a post on here not so long ago about what coolant is best to use in the Surf 1KZ coolant system.

I phoned Toyota today to ask for their advice. The mechanic said that the only coolant they use is the "Long Life RED" coolant. I pointed out that the manual says use "any" good quality Ethy Gly coolant, and the "BLUE" variety came under this category. He said that most coolants are Ethy Gly based, but the only one Toyota use is the "RED".

So if anyone had the same question as me, that is the advice from the horses mouth.

Toyota seem to like their different colours of coolant.
    They have Long Life Red which is used in vehicles made in Japan.
    They have Long Life Green which is used in vehicles made in Europe.
    I think they also have a pink one, Super Long Life. Was told this goes in all the vehicles they're making now.
    Or that's what I was told by local Toy dealer anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
      Toyota seem to like their different colours of coolant.
      They have Long Life Red which is used in vehicles made in Japan.
      They have Long Life Green which is used in vehicles made in Europe.
      I think they also have a pink one, Super Long Life. Was told this goes in all the vehicles they're making now.
      Or that's what I was told by local Toy dealer anyway!

Yeah. I spoke to a fitter at work. He reckons the blue would be just as good as the red. He reckons he only recommended the red to cover his own ar**.

Mind you the red does say it's especially for ally engines. Might have to do some research on the net.

Comment

I asked a VW dude in a VW dealership whether it was imperative to stick to their VW spec stuff (old G11 or the new G12 stuff). He asked how old the car was and I said '92 and his answer was simple .... dont waste your money, use the motor factors stuff!

Comment

I was told by my mechanic and Toyota dealer that what ever coolant is in whether it be blue,red,green to stick with the same colour thats in and don't mix just give the system what it is use to.

I need to change and flush my system because it's only sitting on -7C protection and i don't know how to had a look today and it looks awkward to say the least!

Comment

digging up old threads??
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
            X