Touch Up Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch Up Paint

Does anyone know if you can get touch up paint for the grey wheel arch extensions on surfs. I have a few scratches I would like to repair, or do I have to buy new ones?
    Cheers
    John

Originally posted by Caly
    Does anyone know if you can get touch up paint for the grey wheel arch extensions on surfs. I have a few scratches I would like to repair, or do I have to buy new ones?
    Cheers
    John

I spoke to a parts guy at Toyota. If you call their parts department with the information off of the VIN plate, located on the bulkhead in the engine bay (at the back in the middle behind the rocker cover). The information includes the paint code. With this they can obtain the correct colour paint. I'm sure they would do touch up pens etc. If the wheel arches are a different colour to the rest of the vehicle then I guess you need to find someone who would have the code for that colour. Give them a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Caly
      Cheers
      John
      I've seen a couple of autoshops (halfrauds) offering a colour match service - in which they will mix a paint to match a given sample for you. Only available in touch up pens i think!
      Everyone thinks I'm paranoid!!

Comment

Are you talking about the silver?

If you are looking for the silver colour I found a pretty good match. Do a search for 'paint code'. It should bring you a thread started by larry28274.
        I had to repair scratches on mine. Turned out so well on the one after I'd laquered it and flatted it back I went and did the others.

Next thing I am trying is the tail gate complete.

Keith

Comment

Working...
        X