No announcement yet.

Heads Up- Fuel Protest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not until fuel pricing policy is the first and last thing on the political agenda... as it is in the States...

Comment

Well I hope the protest is better that the one held earlier this year, when the only thing slowing down the trucks at Fawley were the Police, who stopped everyone insisting to see photo ID. I had to go to the roundabout to vouch for a delivery driver (multidrop) I don't work in the refinery (just alongside it).

Then the Police informed the lorry drivers they moved or:
      a) they would be reported to the transport office (risk of license).
      b) have their vehicle confiscated (risk of vehicle).
      c) be arrested under the anti-terrisium (spell check) act (risk of freedom).

Also you have to remember under the anti social act, anyone driving their vehcile in an anti-social manner (and only one Police Officer is needed to make that ruling) can have their vehicle confiscated and crushed.

Strangly the drivers didn't stay there long. I wish them better luck this time.
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

well i gonna get me flask out again and join um in the evening
        last time they ended it before it began, when i got there to show some support they had gone and the police where only ones there.
        and they said i was welcome to stick around to protest as they only doing there job and drive cars that need fuel just like us
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

I just wish they had stuck it out last time the country was nearly crippled. I just hope it goes the same way again but further. We need to make a stand in this country for once.

Comment

Then the Police informed the lorry drivers they moved or:
            a) they would be reported to the transport office (risk of license).
            b) have their vehicle confiscated (risk of vehicle).
            c) be arrested under the anti-terrisium (spell check) act (risk of freedom).

In which tin-pot dictatorship goat shagging country did this take place? It could never happen here. This is a free country!
            It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason2472
              I just wish they had stuck it out last time the country was nearly crippled. I just hope it goes the same way again but further. We need to make a stand in this country for once.
              trouble is the average joe public think its good untill there petrol tank gets low and cant get fuel from the garage so lose interest and say look at them trouble makers.

the whole country has to get behind these guys to make it work
              Pops

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                trouble is the average joe public think its good untill there petrol tank gets low and cant get fuel from the garage so lose interest and say look at them trouble makers.

the whole country has to get behind these guys to make it work
                Wot joe public has got to remember is....If it aint water,gas or electric its been on the back of a truck at some point. So high fuel costs = higher haulage charges = high cost to them.
                So lets get out there and close the UK for a couple of days..
                If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by sumo
                  Wot joe public has got to remember is....If it aint water,gas or electric its been on the back of a truck at some point. So high fuel costs = higher haulage charges = high cost to them.
                  So lets get out there and close the UK for a couple of days..
                  YES I WITH SUMO on this one
                  i will be down fawley with the big trucks on wednesday if they dont mind my ickle surf joining in
                  Pops

Comment

Working...
                  X