Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lurk no longer!

Hey guys and gals!

As a stalwart of the Honda Revolutions forum for the past 3 years, the time has come for my little stripped out enjoyment mobile to be taken off the road and rebuilt from the ground up, in what I have decided to call "Project Nacho" (it's a long story...but a scarliy fitting one, I'll perhaps explain one day!)

I spent some time considering my options as regards a "support vehicle" for the project, and came down to the one vehicle that fitted every criteria I had to fulfil....the mighty Surf (aided by the fact I've wanted one ever since I first saw one on an import showroom forecourt 8yrs ago at the tender age of 14...it was a burgundy one, and I was in love..)

With this, I've been lurking and searching on here for the last couple of weeks...and yesterday decided to become a member!!! (so i can post with all those really irritating n00b questions that long standing forum members hate, but respond to anyway)

So this is the big hello post!!! Hopefully it wont be one of those "hello!!!" and then never to be heard from again (..just in case, I'm making this an obscenely long post just to get my posts-worth in )

My only issue is that I'm limiting my budget to 3k. Ideally I'd like a 3.0D, but I'd have to be lucky at an auction to get one for the money, so it looks like a 2.4, but has to have had a new head...

Anyway, I'm going to carry on looking around, and, now I have the irritating and arkward intro post out of the way, I'm gonna go and be like the new kid at school and just join in with anything and everytying...so i apologise in advance

thanks

-keith
    The right to bear arms...only slightly more ridicu

Welcome! Good luck with the search!
    Real trucks don't have spark plugs

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop
      Welcome! Good luck with the search!
      thankyou! I'll post some pics of Team Nacho when it's complete!

Comment

welcome Chiko - enjoy your stay and whatever you do - dont press 'that' button - it operates the flux capacitor
        Dave

Comment

As long as it doesn't say "do not push" it should be ok.

There was a classic thread on Honda Revs (from here on, shall be know as "the other side") last week:

Thread Starter:
          "I tried to use the red key and the car wouldn't start.."

First Reply:
          "would that be the red key that comes in the bag with "Honda Technitian Use Only...DO NOT USE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" printed on it in red lettering?

Comment

Slip into your next post that you have a massive shed and you'll be OK

Comment

wassat? who now? some mention sheds?
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                wassat? who now? some mention sheds?
                I found the shed-thred!!

Um, I do actually have a number of sheds...I'll get some pics (idleness allowing) and post them up!

Comment

like you have anything better to do....
                  it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                    like you have anything better to do....
                    that hurt

but not as much as the fact that it's very true. I'm off to take pics >>>

Comment

Um, I do actually have a number of sheds...I'll get some pics (idleness allowing) and post them up!
                      Already he's bragging of multi-shedness

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
                        it wasn't a brag!! You asked!!

anyway..I dont have any gnomes

Comment

Originally posted by DaveD
                          Newbies talk the talk, but do they walk the walk......

Hows the truck going?
                          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Its with Frogs Island......CHG had 2 blow holes and couple of the valves were kinackered waiting for them to get the head back and put it all together. was supposed to be Monday but now before the end of the week......

Comment

Keith.....My Ginome is to remind me of my other garden ornament......

Comment

Working...
                              X