Question ref Surfs & 4 Runners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question ref Surfs & 4 Runners

Is there any difference between the two other than the badge and chrome bumpers?
    Why the big difference between the prices?
    As I (a novice) understand it they are the same vehicle, but one imported to the UK by Toyota under a different name?

Would appreciate any help,

Thanks
    Dog
    Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Originally posted by Gtdog
    Is there any difference between the two other than the badge and chrome bumpers?
    Why the big difference between the prices?
    As I (a novice) understand it they are the same vehicle, but one imported to the UK by Toyota under a different name?

Would appreciate any help,

Thanks
    Dog
    4runner - made in UK between 93 - 96.
    Available as 3Ltr diesel or 3Ltr V6 Petrol. different specs ealier model/late model
    Elec Windows (all)/sunroof/contral locking/Al&immob. PAS. Alloys.
    Air con was optional
    Slightly different interior spec on later model.
    Replaced by the Toyota Colorado.

Hilux Surf
    Same car - still available in Japan/US/Aus/SA/NZ/Far East.
    Available as 2.4/3.0 ltr diesel & 3.0 petrol (there are some other versions but I haven't seen them in th UK (2.7/2.8))
    Loads of different specs
    Comes with everything (inc Air con)

The list is endless wiith regards to specs (the Japanese seem to like personalisation!)
    NO WORRIES!
    Rusty

Comment

You'll find the price difference the same as any import vs official UK car. It's why people buy imports, they are cheaper if you think its worth the hassle. (which isn't much once you get round the media crap)
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Totaly understand and agree with you, its just that all the 4 runners I have found on the Autotrader site are cheaper than similar aged and engined(3.0) surfs, with similar specs.
        Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

the imports have the newer shape body released earlier too... there's "2nd gen" shape hilux's on W, X and Y reg's... the newer shape surf came out about N reg, so you get a newer looking motor.
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
          X