MOT time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT time

Well it Mot time again. Last year my baby struggled to met emissions. Some was down to all the dust in the air fillter from playing. Ever after a blast up the motorway an no air filter it was still whey to high....the answer was either to turn down the pump, increase the turbo pressure slightly or the easiest is add some veggie oil but only if you know your tester well unless you're registered with the tax man. As veggie is not a fossil fuel it does not contain hydrocarbons and therefore reduces your co emissions.
    Well thats the theory so after the test next monday ill let you know if it works. Also changing the engine oil also helps aswell as throwing a bottle of injector cleaner into the fuel filter.

Lets hope everything else is ok.

Wisk me luck lol
    BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Fingers crossed for you.

All the best,
    Gtdog
    Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

grim im an mot tester and the readings for a turbo are 3.0 max and 2,5 max for non turbo the hc or hydrocarbons is the unburnt fuel content and doesnt come into the mot for diesels... its a requirement now for the engine oil to be between 60- 80 c to carry ut the test.. i wouldnt reccomend blasting it up the bypass with no air filter in either maybe take it out just before you go to the station.. its true it does help if ya know the tester... ive had many diesels that smoke like hell but still pass the emissions test... shame you not in bedford area lol!!! good luck let us know how ya get on!?
      DONT RUN WIV BIG DOGS IF U CANT PI** UP TALL TREES

Comment

Got my MOT on friday for my baby, just hope it passes and they dont find anythink stupid.

Good luck bye the way.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by WARRIOR72
          grim im an mot tester and the readings for a turbo are 3.0 max and 2,5 max for non turbo the hc or hydrocarbons is the unburnt fuel content and doesnt come into the mot for diesels... its a requirement now for the engine oil to be between 60- 80 c to carry ut the test.. i wouldnt reccomend blasting it up the bypass with no air filter in either maybe take it out just before you go to the station.. its true it does help if ya know the tester... ive had many diesels that smoke like hell but still pass the emissions test... shame you not in bedford area lol!!! good luck let us know how ya get on!?
          Thanks for the info ill let you know next week how she my baby gets on.
          BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Originally posted by Grimreeper
            Well it Mot time again. Last year my baby struggled to met emissions. Some was down to all the dust in the air fillter from playing. Ever after a blast up the motorway an no air filter it was still whey to high....the answer was either to turn down the pump, increase the turbo pressure slightly or the easiest is add some veggie oil but only if you know your tester well unless you're registered with the tax man. As veggie is not a fossil fuel it does not contain hydrocarbons and therefore reduces your co emissions.
            Well thats the theory so after the test next monday ill let you know if it works. Also changing the engine oil also helps aswell as throwing a bottle of injector cleaner into the fuel filter.

Lets hope everything else is ok.

Wisk me luck lol
            Jon have a word with Darren (stimpy30) he does MOTs he is in manchester
            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

Originally posted by ohsupremebeing
              Jon have a word with Darren (stimpy30) he does MOTs he is in manchester
              Ill see what happens on monday. I know the tester and he got it through last time. Darren is a bit far unless im stuck.
              BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Mine was tested yesterday, i have done 3000 miles since my recon engine and turbo courtesy of Engine Co in Stockport (Stevo's place).
                It passed easily and emissions were next to nil.
                Testament to the skills of Steve.
                French fishing at it's best www.mayennefishing.com

Comment

chill out boys
                  If it passes cool
                  If it fails then you know what you need to do to sort your Grin out.
                  ps I am of the school of rag the (F***) out of it before the MOT for emissions...Mark. mine went through like a dream 1991 surf !! nothing needed to be done !!

Comment

Originally posted by madcampbell
                    chill out boys
                    If it passes cool
                    If it fails then you know what you need to do to sort your Grin out.
                    ps I am of the school of rag the (F***) out of it before the MOT for emissions...Mark. mine went through like a dream 1991 surf !! nothing needed to be done !!
                    Well mine passed with out probs today. Immissions at 2.67, after a fuel filter full of injector cleaner and a thrashing up the motoway. It worked.
                    He missed the slightly blowing exhaust but mentioned slight play in o/s front wheel bearing. Thats an easy fix though.Another 12 months of grins now.
                    BEWARE OF THE REAPER

Comment

Working...
                    X