Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's it Called?

Hi Gang,

I trying to find out the correct name of a part on my Surf which has just broken.

It's the plastic housing around between the steering wheel and the dash. It's in 2 pieces, and the lower piece has 3 screws where it attaches to the underside of the steering column. The screw holes have now all cracked and broken so the housing hangs loose.

If anyone knows a way of fixing it temporarily, please let me know. If you know the name of the part, I would also be grateful so I can find out how much a new one will set me back.

Thanks
    Dave

PS. Just seen a SMART looking Surf at Halfords in Solihull. Red K-reg with roofrack and Bosch front lights. K 103 I think it was. He/She (didn't see who the lucky owner was) had a sticker on the front saying' Sell my Toyota? I'd rather stick wasps up my a*se!'
    If the owner is on the Forum, Then I would like to say "Nice Truck Dude"
    Just Vegging Out

I've always known it as the 'steering column shroud' if that helps!
    As a temporary fix, hold the two halves together on the column, and wrap some tape around the whole thing.

Comment

The screws holding the two pieces together are still ok. There are three small gold screws on the underside which hold the whole housing onto the steering column. These are the ones that have broken.

Just Vegging Out

Comment

Originally posted by dleach2103
        The screws holding the two pieces together are still ok. There are three small gold screws on the underside which hold the whole housing onto the steering column. These are the ones that have broken.

Think its normally refered to as the steering column cowling.
        Maurice
        Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Well, according to the EPC its just called a cover!

The same part no's as fitted to the pick-ups
          Maurice
          Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
          X