US disaster oil price!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US disaster oil price!!!!

I've just read, that due to the hurricane disaster in the south, Europe will start to send oil to the US to tame the recent surge in oil price.

The poor blighters are being forced to pay $3.50 per gallon instead of $2.50.

I don't understand why we are having to pay nearly £1 per litre, yet Europe can pour oil into the us so that they don't have to pay $3.50 per GALLON!!!!.
    [IMG][URL=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a167/s

'Cos you can bet that someone somewhere is accepting a huge "gift" for "services rendered"

Comment

Before anyone has a go at me, I do feel very sorry for all the suffering that the people of new orleans are enduring.

I just don't understand, the pricing policy, and where these reserves come from.
      [IMG][URL=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a167/s

Comment

Originally posted by sajjap
        I've just read, that due to the hurricane disaster in the south, Europe will start to send oil to the US to tame the recent surge in oil price.

The poor blighters are being forced to pay $3.50 per gallon instead of $2.50.

I don't understand why we are having to pay nearly £1 per litre, yet Europe can pour oil into the us so that they don't have to pay $3.50 per GALLON!!!!.
        because our Blair loves his BUSH
        did you notice all the convoys of aid and coaches turned up as George W got there
        glad our fellow humans at last got help but to do it like that is wrong
        Last edited by pops; 3 September 2005, 12:58.
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

Yes totally agree with the disaster sympathy.
          Re: the fuel pricing, I expect Tony B and George Dubbya have got some sort of cosy deal going on.

Comment

Its Customs an Excise, they never give enything back, and make it up as they go along.

I would like some chips, that'll be 27p a litre to fry them.

I would like to use veg-oil in my truck, that'll be 60p odd a litre then...?

Doesn't make any sense...

Like all these oil stock holders they hold it back and release it to keep the prices rising...

Comment

when i filled up in the local garage yesteday (96.5p per litre) i asked the chap why the sudden increase in the price (trying to get him to admit to the US excuse) he told me he just brought 2 tankers full at a reduced price, when that's gone the price will go up again......... i told him it's been nice supporting the local business for so long, but i'll be going to tesco from now on.

later in the day we saw some at 99.8p per litre just off the M5 in bristol.

Comment

it was 99.9 in windsor the other day
                nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
                  it was 99.9 in windsor the other day
                  Where going to be in trouble as soon as they break the £1.00 /l barrier nationally. There will be no stopping them then.

Comment

Originally posted by kazam401
                    Where going to be in trouble as soon as they break the £1.00 /l barrier nationally. There will be no stopping them then.
                    ROB try KWIKSERVE in Blackpool it was the dearest in the Country at £1.09 a Litre last month. My local Petrol Station cant price thier fuel above 99.9p as there pumps are old & dont go above 99.9p so i'll see what happens when it goes up again
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                    (")_(")

Comment

litre pricing

The big con came about when we in Britain accepted litres instead of gallons for fuel pricing. Now we're paying for it. Goverments used to be able to get away with a 1 or 2p per gallon tax rise (even though there were moans and groans). Back then though if they or the oil compainies had said we're sticking a rise of 25p a gallon over the next 2 months there would have been an outcry, followed by riots.

Now you can get it via the back door of litre pricing, I've seen prices differ by 5p a litre on my journey into work (50 miles a day) at Bristol, thats 22.8p a gallon.. No way would a garage want to be that wide of the mark on gallon pricing.

Rock on veg oil!

Comment

Saw 98.9p round me... again, pumps won't show more, neither will the big displays outside... Is everyone just going to put with this..? surely there must be some rumblings...?

Comment

The trouble is..

There are too many on the road who don't care either because their fuel is paid for them via the firm they work for and all they are interested in is which outlet is giving away the best points to collect for whatever gadget or teddy bear they need... sorry if this sounds like a rant...

I think the best idea I've heard of is that everyone boycotts a particluar branded outlet for a week or maybe even a month.. I'm sure this was mentioned in another thread.

But again you have the big problem of apathy, and no even if everyone here at the site decided to do something along those lines we wouldn't make a big enough difference for them to sit up and take notice.

And while I'm having a little rant lets bring about a total ban on all inland intercity commercial flights and put the railways back in order and shift the freight onto them intercity then do the deliveries local say within a 10 to 15 mile radius from the rail drop off point...

There thats better.. more room on the road for me new toy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by marky
                            ROB try KWIKSERVE in Blackpool it was the dearest in the Country at £1.09 a Litre last month. My local Petrol Station cant price thier fuel above 99.9p as there pumps are old & dont go above 99.9p so i'll see what happens when it goes up again
                            I bought some last week admitedly off the barge in Cowes for my boat and I paid £1.12 a litre!

Do we all remember the outcry when it hit £1.00 a gallon that does not seem that long ago!!

Paul
                            DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

Comment

Working...
                            X