What Do They Want?? Anyone Know!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Do They Want?? Anyone Know!!

I havejust had a knock at the front door so i answered it as you do (in my dressing gown!) and this is how the conversation went-

Man in Shirt & TIe- good morning how are you today!

ME - dont know yet ill tell you when you tell me what you want

M.I.T - I am sure you know who we are?

ME - No!
    M.I.T. - Jehovas Whitness

ME - No Thank You good bye

Me - Door closed

Ok this has prompted me to thinking I bet there are a load of good ways of getting rid of people like them that you dont want calling on you and where better to get some ideas from YOU LOT!!

So over to you gang

Paul

P.S. Ohh and does any one actually know what they want?
    DUNNO'S BACK ..........He never really went away!

they sell you the watchtower magazine!

just hide!... i remember hiding on the stairs when i was young... the bloke still comes round, we just ignore him now and he puts the magazines through the letterbox.
    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man
      they sell you the watchtower magazine!

just hide!... i remember hiding on the stairs when i was young... the bloke still comes round, we just ignore him now and he puts the magazines through the letterbox.
      YOU HIDE UNDER THE STAIRS!!
      Are you saying they are more frightening than the DALEKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Dunno
        YOU HIDE UNDER THE STAIRS!!

Are you saying they are more frightening than the DALEKS!
        nah, ON the stairs... you can't be seen then!... under the stairs he'd see you from the door!

Comment

They want to convince you that their view of the world is the only reasonable one, and you must go to their church for the salvation of your soul.
          Oh, and to sell you the Watchtower magazine.

If you have the time, engage them in discussion - evolution is always a good one.
          BUT - make sure you read up on it first: I would suggest Richard Dawkins, John Maynard Smith and Stephen Jay Gould as good starting points.
          The Big Bang and the start of the universe is another fun subject, but evolution is probably the most entertaining.
          Then, point out the fallacies and logical disconnects in their argument and watch the confusion spread! It is most amusing to see them going round and round the same circular argument even after you have dismantled it quite comprehensively.

Yes, this morning I make Victor Meldrew look like the Krankies
          Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

A couple of years ago I was 'tinkering' with a car on my driveway, the drivegates were shut and my two Dobermans were playing on the front garden, when these two well dressed people appeared at the gates, but still on the pavement out side. The dogs started barking, 'cos they don't like strangers just standing there looking at them.
            Anyway, one of the strangers caught my eye and said "Excuse me, but can we come in and have a moment of you time to talk?"
            I just looked at them, realising who/what they were and I said, "If the dogs will let you in, you can talk as much as you like!"
            They thought about it for a second and left.
            I've never seen them again!
            Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 3 September 2005, 11:43.

Comment

just tell them you are devil worshippers thats what i did and never had them at the dooor again
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i was wondering if they changed there opening gambit
                instead of good morning how are you today and went straight into what they want would you slam the door shut then? YES
                but to pinch i line from butch cassidy and sundance kid
                who are those guys and what do they want?
                Enjoying Life after Cancer
                Pops

Comment

Tell them you are a Nazi, and all Jo-Bo's should be Gased, I don't think you will see them again.......

The thing is they will try to show you the error of your ways!!!!!....

Good God! you can't get rid of them, can you!!!

B4$t4rd$!!!
                  I like Orientals

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                    i was wondering if they changed there opening gambit
                    instead of good morning how are you today and went straight into what they want would you slam the door shut then? YES
                    but to pinch i line from butch cassidy and sundance kid
                    who are those guys and what do they want?

If they ever do come back and knock on my door, I'll open the door and say....."Do ya feel lucky?"

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                      If they ever do come back and knock on my door, I'll open the door and say....."Do ya feel lucky?"
                      TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Doc
                        Tell them you are a Nazi, and all Jo-Bo's should be Gased, I don't think you will see them again.......

B4$t4rd$!!!
                        hey dude... you can't post religious hate messages!... hehehe!!... we'll get in strife!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Doc

B4$t4rd$!!!
                          The thing is they will try to show you the error of your ways!!!!!.... they be in trouble then coz took me 50 years to find um
                          Enjoying Life after Cancer
                          Pops

Comment

I tried - 'I'm a blood donor', as they don't believe in accepting blood, I also tried 'I'm an atheist', that didn't work either.

So the next time they called, I invited them in!!!!! Picked holes in the bible story, and I also asked them why when they celebrated mass did they accept wine as a representation of Jesus' blood if they didn't believe in blood donating.

Funnily enough they haven't called since.

Comment

they are welcome to come and share my sofa for the evening..............
                              Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Working...
                              X