insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insurance

just had my insurance renewal though from elephant.co.uk very surprised at the price £274.00 fully comp well worth a try .
    NO LONGER A SURFER NOW DRIVING A LEXUS

nice work
    Enjoying Life after Cancer
    Pops

Comment

Originally posted by surfboyshaun
      just had my insurance renewal though from elephant.co.uk very surprised at the price £274.00 fully comp well worth a try .
      Hmmm

Not happy with elephant at the moment.

Every time I speak to them I get different information.
      First they quoted me £500ish for a year. Then £261 for the remaining 6 months of my current policy. Now when I want to go ahead with it, they tell me they need to see the SVA, MOT and export certificates.
      So, after a lot of palaver with emailing scans to work, I fax them the information they asked for. Note that they ASKED for the SVA certificate.
      Then when I spoke to them, they said, " if it requires an SVA then we can't insure it".
      I rang them again this morning to check, with the threat of cancelling the policy, and also to speak to a different person again!
      Same answer, they won't insure it if it requires an SVA.

Not a happy bunny, as this creates further delay to the registration process. I was hoping to collect it next Saturday, but the post around here doesn't usually arrive until 11am, and I can't be THAT late for work
      So, the earliest I can get to the local DVLA office is Tuesday morning, which is getting a bit tight.
      What is the normal waiting time to get the docs and tax disk back?

Chewing the desk in frustration...
      Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

they say up to 7days got mine 3days second time round so not bad
        Enjoying Life after Cancer
        Pops

Comment

Just got my renewal from Lifesure £351 fully comp with all the extras, had to phone them to tell them that I had been a naughty boy and got 3 points on my licence (speed camera) however no increase in premium, so they get my business for at least another 12 months.
          Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

The only place i seem to be able to get insurance is Tesco's. Everytime i call a main insurance agent they hear the word 'import' and then say they cant help me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonsai
              The only place i seem to be able to get insurance is Tesco's. Everytime i call a main insurance agent they hear the word 'import' and then say they cant help me.

give lifesure a ring tel.no.0870 366 1235
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                Thank you - i will. Luckily it isnt due until Feb, but its always a complete nightmare on the run up to it expiring. I spend my life phoning companies who wont help me, or they have never heard of the car so dont know what to list it under !!

Comment

also if you do a search for insurance companies there is a large list of them somewhere on here.
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067

Better still give Lifesure a call on 01480 474604 and it won't cost you an arm and a leg for the call.

www.saynoto0870.com
                    Laugh!!! I nearly bought my own beer.

Paul

Comment

insurance

Originally posted by paulh
                      Better still give Lifesure a call on 01480 474604 and it won't cost you an arm and a leg for the call.

www.saynoto0870.com
                      I just got my ins with lifesure excellent price £264-00 fully comp with all extras even gave me discount for getting their number on forum.I saved £135-00 on last years price with adrian flux I will be sticking with them for now anyway. Chrissy

Comment

Originally posted by pops
                        they say up to 7days got mine 3days second time round so not bad
                        Thanks.
                        I have more or less given up on the 10th. The real pain is that I then won't be able to go and collect before the 24th.
                        Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Working...
                        X