did you know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did you know?

95% of padlocks sold in UK DIY stores end up being used to lock the doors of British sheds.
    fact no. 1121
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A shed in Norfolk is the oldest known surviving timber structure in the world.
    fact no. 1122

It is impossible to lick your own elbows.
    fact no. 1123

Kylie Minogue is one of the few people in the world to be born on a plane over international waters and so technically has no nationality.
    fact no. 1124

99% of all shed spiders are given the name Boris by their owners.
    fact no. 1125

The time it takes for you to find the nail which dropped and rolled between two floorboards is directly proportional to the importance of that nail to your project. If you drop the very last nail, chances are you will never see it again.
    fact no. 1126

The are no turkeys in Turkey but there are also no 'engs' in England, so that makes us even.
    fact no. 1127

In theory, you CAN get better than a Kwik-Fit fitter. Similarly, you may also be able to put a better bit of butter on your knife.
    fact no. 1128

A shed is for life, not just for spiders.
    fact no. 1129

The Bible's first English translation was by a Yorkshireman, which is why it is full of 'thee' and 'thy'. Later editions removed all trace of the water-to-bitter miracle and feeding the 5000 with potted meat sandwiches.
    fact no. 1130

Some parts of the world are so remote that you can't get there by bus.
    fact no. 1131

It is considered impolite to ask the Queen what colour under-crackers she is wearing. To avoid such lapses in etiquette, she always carries a hankie of the same colour.
    fact no. 1132

The ban on hunting with dogs has led to some huntsmen looking for alternative solutions. Reginald Farley-Harcourt of the Bagshot and Squiggly Hunt was known to be attempting to instill a killer instinct into a flock of sheep. He was recently released back into the community under a supervision order.
    fact no. 1133

If you eat enough food every day, you will eventually die.
    fact no. 1134
    it's in me shed, mate.

Originally posted by Chillitt

It is impossible to lick your own elbows.
    fact no. 1123
    Tried for about 5 minutes - he's right you know!!! I did get very close though - bet that a very supple person could do it!!!
    Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Originally posted by nednil
      Tried for about 5 minutes - he's right you know!!! I did get very close though - bet that a very supple person could do it!!!

i can't lick my elbow either, so i always get someone else to do it for me !
      Surfer Dud(e) !!

Comment

Originally posted by shauny
        i can't lick my elbow either, so i always get someone else to do it for me !
        cant lick me elbows but I can breath through my ears..............at times!!!!!
        Tony
        Did I mention I have a BLUE one
        Tony

Comment

The Bible's first English translation was by a Yorkshireman, which is why it is full of 'thee' and 'thy'. Later editions removed all trace of the water-to-bitter miracle and feeding the 5000 with potted meat sandwiches.
          fact no. 1130

pmsl
          [IMG]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/DONKR1/me.jpg[/IMG]
          [url]www.qube-art.co.uk[/url]

Comment

Working...
          X