Your thoughts please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts please

A link to the Aussie site where a member has found something that is shall we say......interesting

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6906
    Simon.O.
    '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Deisel's made from oil, quite possible I'd say if you know the chemistry.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

take 5 ltrs waste oil, add bottle of snake oil, shake well and leave for 20 mikutes..then throw it away and start recycling veggie oil
      it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

how much waste engine oil do you come across in a week!...

even an oil change every 3 months is still only 8 litres!!
        nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Aus $1.20 = 50p and they're complaining!!!!

We should be so lucky.

Ken
          [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid
            Aus $1.20 = 50p and they're complaining!!!!

We should be so lucky.

Ken
            AUS$ vs UKpounds is comparing apples with onions

I'll let ya all in on my latest bit of unscientific research.
            We have a Firefighter over here from Nottingham and we had a bit of a natter about the cost of living here versus the U.K.
            We compared weekly food bills, car costs (rego, tax, insurance etc) price of clothes, pint of lager, packet of fags and all sorts of stuff.
            The conclusion was that he spends pounds like I spend dollars. Some stuff was different but this was the general picture.
            The only kicker was that he gets paid less than me

The Aussies are in pretty much the same boat but they do pay more for diesel than us.

BTW our diesel is about to go over the dollar, currently at 97 cents
            Other diesel charges are $33 / 1000 km tax
            $300 annual rego plus 2 Warrant of fitness tests (MOT) a year at $45 each
            Simon.O.
            '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

No offence intended simono. It's just that we'd prefer 50p/ltr to 95p/ltr especially if we're earning less!!
              Originally posted by simono
              AUS$ vs UKpounds is comparing apples with onions
              The only kicker was that he gets paid less than me
              Ken
              [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B][I][SIZE=3]When the going gets tough - Get out !!![/SIZE][/I][/B][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid
                No offence intended simono. It's just that we'd prefer 50p/ltr to 95p/ltr especially if we're earning less!!

Ken
                Nah I'm not offended mate, thats a hard job to do

Diesel was 57c/L here less than 18 months ago so I know what you are saying.
                Oh well we payup or its back to the bike coz complaining seems to fall on deaf ears round here anyway, and as a nation we don't have a history of effective protests ( I'd like to see protests like the europeans do with burning barricades on the road and all that !!) so we are held to ransom by BP and the rest of them
                Simon.O.
                '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

The issue of using engine oil as a fuel has cropped up here before on the main veg-oil thread

Its not a good idea....

Originally posted by Morr
                  This is also something that crops up from time to time in the veg-oil community, the simple answer is yet it will burn in a Diesel engine (when mixed with regular Diesel) with broadly similar characteristics to Diesel. However, from an environmental viewpoint it's just as bad as pouring it down the drain!

Don’t Do It !

The waste engine oil contains heavy metals from the inside of the engine, it also contains various noxious chemicals from its original composition and as a result of its time spent in the engine. Burning this oil will release these compounds into the atmosphere, a definite no no. Also from an environmental viewpoint with regard to the carbon cycle, it’s based on fossil fuel and once its gone, its gone. Unlike the veg-oil scenario you cannot grow more of it.
                  Best to send it for recycling in the normal manner, please don’t burn it.
                  Maurice
                  Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

Working...
                  X